Hero Ideas

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well, more ideas. Anything you like, I'm just making random Heroes now; any suggestions are welcome. Hopefully someone comes up with something good when I wake up tomorrow.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
See if you like this :)

Shadowbreed (Caster)

Spells :

1. Darkfury(passive) - Shadowbreed has a chance of launching additional shadow bolts (with modified damage) at the target enemy every once in X time.

2. Raging Blast - Shadowbreed summons a massive force of dark energy that deals X damage every Y second,each blast slows the attacking speed of enemy units in range. (lasts for a limited period of time.)

3.Call of the Darkness - Shadowbreed summons X Abyss Elementals that will aid him in combat for Y seconds.

4. Infernal Call - Shadowbreed transforms himself into an Infernal creature of darkness,making him nearly impossible to beat creature, gives +X intelligence +Y Armor +Z Attack speed % and bonus hit points,lasts for 120 seconds? ....

im so so sorry for the crappy descriptions =.=' i suck at making those,but you get the general idea i hope :thup:

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
In these idea threads, you generally get too few original agility hero ideas, so here's one! Would not fit into a map with a lot of weak enemy creeps, would work better in an RTS or AoS :eek:

Zergling (rename it if you want, but its simply a zergling)

Metabolic Boost - Cost mana/second while active. Heavily increases the Zergling's movement speed, and regenerates an amount of mana to the Zergling whenever a Broodling dies nearby!
Adrenal Glands - Cost mana/second while active (cannot be active at the same time as Metabolic Boost). Increases the Zergling's attack speed, and regenerates an amount of hit points to the Zergling whenever a Broodling dies nearby!
Parasite - Auto-cast target spell. Cannot target heroes. Grants vision of an enemy for a long duration. If it dies during this effect, a number of Broodlings lasting 15 seconds are spawned (ultraweak, fast ground units!) Number of Broodlings spawned increases with levels.
Broodbreed - AoE spell, lasts for 10 seconds (NOT channel). Every second 4 broodlings with a 5 second expiration timer unburrows from the ground within the AoE. Every wave of Broodlings heavily damages the enemy units in the AoE.

Crimson

Reaction score
How about this one?

Time Guardian: Agility

Future Sight - Gives a large chance to evade attacks as long as the spell is active. Drains mana per second until deactivated.

Accelerated Time - Gives nearby units a temporary attack speed and movement speed boost.

Null Time - Blocks a spell once every X seconds and nullifies 20 damage. Also passively enhances mana and life regeneration.

Sanctuary of Time - Ultimate, Channeling. Restores nearby allied units to their prime. Constantly heals them to full hp and removes debuffs every second, essentially making them unkillable. However, when the duration is over, any damage the spell had healed is felt by the units and they take damage equal to the total amount of damage they had taken.

B0ndo

Reaction score
I got another one.

Name: Mind Spirit

Mind Blast
Blasts a targets mind dealing X amount of damage and confuses the target, reducing it's movement speed by 75%.

Future Vision
Grants the Mind Spirit the ability to see invisble units (Passive).

Mental Swiftness
Gives the Mind Spirit X chance to evade when activated. But reduces his damage by X.

Ultimate - Dimensional Travel
The Mind Spirit travels through dimensions to appear right behind the enemy dealing a high amount of damage and stuns the enemy for 2 seconds. Once the stun is over the Mind Spirit will be thrown back in time to the position of origin. (The position he had when the ability was casted)

Pretty neat hero in my oppinion. :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Unfortunately I do not have any idea's.

And before I say anything, I mean no-offence ofcourse.

But this ability:

Future Vision
Will have no point in leveling up after 1.

And sadly your hero is very simple.

---

Um, what kind of hero's do you want?
What style of game is it?
Need to know these in order to suggest idea's.
Because there is no point in having for example a single target ability in a Hero Defence, and no point in having like all AoE abilties in a PvP arena.

Please clearly state what you want KaerfNomekop

B0ndo

Reaction score
But this ability:

Future Vision
Will have no point in leveling up after 1.

And sadly your hero is very simple.

Why is my hero more simple than the others? Lol

And that spell could have wider range when leveled..

Unfortunately I do not have any idea's.

You don't even have an idea so I'd just shush if i were you.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Future vision is not worth the slot of an ability. He had a valid reason not to have any ideas, Finally, the first spell, Mind Blast, is incredibly simple too, its just a storm bolt with reduced MS.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Like I said, no offence. So don't take it as you seem to have taken.

And yours is much simpler, and perhaps boring.

I ddn't have time to look @ the others.

You don't even have an idea so I'd just shush if i were you.
I don't have to give idea's, aslong as I am helping.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Like I said, no offence. So don't take it as you seem to have taken.

And yours is much simpler, and perhaps boring.

I ddn't have time to look @ the others.

I don't have to give idea's, aslong as I am helping.

Lol you're not helping dude, he's asking for hero ideas, you're just criticizing my idea. What part of that is "help"?

Eventhough my hero is simple then it's up to Kaerf to determine if he wants to use it or not.

NOT you.

/sigh

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
He was just trying to be helpful, trying to get you to change some skills to make it more interesting.

@Kaerf How about an elementalist

Skill 1 - The elementalist can use the force of the earth to shatter the spot that the target stands at, sending it at an arc to the casters position.

Skill 2 - The Elementalist can shoot use his palms to conjure fire like no other. Sends fire in a cone to deal damage (Channeling) and burns the target for some time after.

Skill 3 - The Elementalist channels to bring water up from the ground where he stands, the water circles around him for 10 seconds, any unit that comes near him will get hit with the water, pushing it back and dealing damage. If the unit is on fire, it deals additional damage.

Ultimate - The Elementalist takes all of his elements, and uses them as one, First, he shoots a jet of fire (A stream, not like the other one in a cone) at the target, until it is greater than or equal to 700 units away. He then uses Skill 3 to procure a shield. Finally, he uses Skill 1 to deal the final damage, (Of course its either equal to or increased damage to skill 1 and skill 3)

Note that I did not give them spell names, as I feel like you could be more creative.

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ghost Sentinel:

First Skill: (A) Hero rushes towards target point. 600 Cast range. Does not cancel ghost form. +50 per level. (Not teleport, neither maxspeed gain)

Second Skill: (P) Hero gains his ghost form (invulnerable, transparent) after staying still for 3 seconds, even he's been hit. When he attack, he will deal damage (and leave ghost form) equal to distance travelled. 10% distance 200 damage maximum. +5% +55 per level. 9 mana per second.+1 per level.

Sub-Skill: Enable/Disable Ghost form gain.

Third Skill: (A) Deals magic damage to target. Mana lost equal to half of damage dealt. 250 damage +65 per level. If in ghost form, releases it and damages all units inside 400 area equal to 2nd skill damage, gains mana equal to damage dealt, mana its not added per unit dealt. In ghost form the 250+65*lvl formula does not exist.

Ultimate: (P) Hero gains the ability to enchance himself in ghost form. While in this form deals some damage per seconds to units in 250 area 41+13*ability_level. Plus he can now gain 50% more damage per distance.E.g 10% per distance, now becomes 15%.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Lol you're not helping dude, he's asking for hero ideas, you're just criticizing my idea. What part of that is "help"?

Eventhough my hero is simple then it's up to Kaerf to determine if he wants to use it or not.

NOT you.

/sigh

Your definition of help seems to be very limited. Gain a little intellegence, and then try again.

--

Correcting mistakes, is helping.

Here is a suggestion on how to improve that ability.
Perhaps it gives vision on all levels and then as an invisible unit is within range, he gains extra damage to the invisible target or m/s per level when running in their direction, for example. That is better use of leveling up the ability.

---

I shall give my own idea's when I have more time.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Your definition of help seems to be very limited. Gain a little intellegence, and then try again.

Try and keep the off-topic discussion on a proper level instead of indirectly calling me an idiot. I wasn't calling you anything.

Here is a suggestion on how to improve that ability.
Perhaps it gives vision on all levels and then as an invisible unit is within range, he gains extra damage to the invisible target or m/s per level when running in their direction, for example. That is better use of leveling up the ability.

This is my definition of help.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Try and keep the off-topic discussion on a proper level instead of indirectly calling me an idiot. I wasn't calling you anything.

You don't have to call me anything, the fact is that it is implied.

NOT you.

/sigh
That is enough evidence.

--

And correct, back to the topic please.

Note: Still awaiting clarification as to what style it is from the owner of this Thread.

--

Eh, i have time. here's an idea:

Master of the Void - Intellegence - Ranged

Screams of the Void: (Area-Cone) Cone shaped blast that silences for 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds and deals 2% of the damaged enemies maximum hit points + 40/55/70/85 % of the Caster's Intellegence

Summoning of the Eternal: (No-Target) Summons 2 minions, deals a damage which increases per level and every attack slows enemies by 20/25/30/35 + 5% of the casters Intellegence in slow for 2 seconds. This also leaves a buff apon enemies for the duration.

Whispers from Beyond: (Single Target) Targets an enemy dealing X(+p/l) damage and if the unit has the 'Summoning of the Eternal' buff apon it then it steals 25/35/45/55% of the targets damage for 6 seconds.

Void Master: (No-Target) Empowers the Caster and all nearby minions, increasing casters intellegence by 20/30/40 and mana regeneration by X(+p/l) for the duration. Increasing minions damage by 200% and doubling their slow amount for the duration. Lasts 8/10/12 seconds.

Classifications: Heavy damage caster, low-hit points, carry, mage.

Note:
x - unknown value, you choose
+p/l - means increases per level

You may use this hero without credit, may edit it however you want. I don't mind at all as these are suggestions. lol
Just say if you need help making anything

---

Eh, bored lol.

Here's another idea:

Treant Warlord - Strength - Melee

Sprouting Grasp - (Passive) Has a 7/8/9/10/11 % chance to snare an enemy down with roots for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds and dealing 60/80/100/120 + 20/30/40/50 % of his Strength in damage to the attacked enemy.

Rain of the Elves - (No-Target) Causes healing rain to pour down healing himself and nearby allies for 10/12/14/16 % of his maximum hit points per second. Aswel as reducing the armor of all nearby allies with 600 range of the Treant Warlord by 4/6/8/10.

Organic Nutrients - (Passive) Apon killing an enemy unit, the Treant Warlord restores 3% of his maximum hit points and increases his damage by 6/7/8/9 for 4 seconds. (Stacks up to 6 times) Apon killing an enemy hero, restores 25% of his maximum hit points and increases damage by 20/30/40/50 for 8 seconds. (Stacks up to 3 times)

Blooming Season - (No-Target) Shines of a bright color, has increased movement speed by 30/50/70% and increased damage by 25/35/45 for the duration. Whilest active, the change of entangling on 'Sprouting Grasp' increases by 20%. While active, 'Rain of the Elves' heals twice as much. Also while active increases 'Organic Nutrients' return by 2% on an enemy unit and 20% on enemy hero aswel as gaining 2 stacks instead of 1 on a kill. Lasts 4/6/8 seconds.

Classification: Passive, support/tanky dps hero.

---

Apologies for the big post. lol

Crimson

Reaction score
I've got another idea, though it's really just for lulz.

Proper Name: Lord Phailhard
Hero Title: Phail Knight
Primary Attribute: Strength
Starting Stats: 18 Str, 12 Agi, 22 Int
Starting Damage: 19-21
Armor: 7(!)
Atack Range: Melee
Model: Peasant or Militia

Background: Lord Phailhard is one of the twelve knights of King Nags-a-lot. Hailing from the city of Epicfailz, he specializes in using a pick for combat, unlike other knights who choose to specialize in either swords or lances. Despite his unusual choice of weapon, none can deny his skill in combat. He wields the legendary pick Uphailed, said to be on par with King Nags-a-lot's Excalipoor. Indeed, with Uphailed in his hands, he has served his king well time and time again, enough to make him one of King Nags-a-lot's most trusted vassals.

Skills:

Phail Strike! (Active, Single-target) - Lord Phailhard has dedicated himself to the way of Phail, the arts of battling with a pick. As such he has mastered one of the deadliest techniques of his craft. With one strike, he restores the hit points of his target by a 10/20/30% of his maximum hit points. The strike also chips off a piece of the target's armor, decreasing it by 2/3/4 for 5/6/7 seconds.

URNOOBZ!? (Passive) - Lord Phailhard is a hardened veteran and thus all opponents seem but mere greenhorns to him. As such he feels a need to give them pointers even during the midst of battle, giving enemy units a 5/10/15% chance to strike a critical blow against him for 1.5 x damage. When this happens, Lord Phailhard congratulates them by circumcising them on the spot. The excruciating pain leaves them stunned for 7 seconds for all levels and damages them for 20/30/40 damage a second for 8 seconds. (Only works for melee opponents.)

UPHAIL (Active) - The legendary pick, UPHAIL, is much sought after by many a hero and thus when Lord Phailhard feels the urge to show it off in battle, his enemies enter into a state of rage, increasing their attack damage by 100/150/200%. This will send Lord Phailhard into a state of terror, increasing his movement speed by 50/70/80% as well as giving him a 30/50/70% chance to evade attacks.

OHNOESPLZ! (Ultimate, Active) - The culmination of Lord Phailhard's mastery with UPHAIL. A counter increases every time he uses his spells and depending on the number of times he has used his abilities without dying, this spell will do the following:

0-4: Due to his age, Lord Phailhard breaks his back and has his movement speed reduced by 90%. However, enemy units take pity on him and leave him alone. Lasts for 15 seconds.

5-9: The enemy makes the mistake of calling Lord Phailhard an old man and hurts his pride, resulting in a reduction of 12 to his strength. The initial hurt is replaced by anger however and he gains 500 bonus damage for one attack. The strength lost lasts for 4 seconds.

10: The ultimate PHAIL. Lord Phailhard unleashes the true power of UPHAIL. Lord Phailhard calls upon a sacred ubersplat, dealing damage 10000 damage to all nearby enemies. However the complicated ritual for calling the ubersplats makes him trip and accidentally stab himself in the heart with UPHAIL, killing him.

The counter resets after you use this skill.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
10: The ultimate PHAIL. Lord Phailhard unleashes the true power of UPHAIL. Lord Phailhard calls upon a sacred ubersplat, dealing damage 10000 damage to all nearby enemies. However the complicated ritual for calling the ubersplats makes him trip and accidentally stab himself in the heart with UPHAIL, killing him.

The counter resets after you use this skill.
lol xD

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Another idea:

Mountain Giant

Excessive Blow (Passive) - Every hit deals 9/10/11/12 % of his maximum hit points on every attack. If the target is on less that 30% hit points, this effect is doubled.

Resistant Skin (Activatable-NoTarget) - Once activated, a sheild apears around the hero blocking one spell, duration is 4 seconds. Cooldown is 12/10.5/9/7.5 seconds

Protective Nature (Activatable-SingleTarget) - Once cast on a unit, when ever either the caster or the targeted allied hero gets attacked. Then the effect is triggered, if the targeted ally is attacked, then the 'Mountain Giant' sacrifices 10% of his hit points and gives it to the attacked buffed ally. If he is attacked, both units regain 40/60/80/100 hit points.

Mighty Punch (Activatable-SingeTarget) - Targets an enemy unit, hitting them and knocking them up in the air. Once they land, they are stunned for 2 seconds and take 300/400/500 damage + 20/25/30% of his maximum hit points. This ability also triggers the effect of 'Excessive Blow'.

Classifications: Tanky, support, slow attacker, slow mover, large-maximum hit points.

B0ndo

Reaction score
Hmm please don't criticize my idea :-/

Name: Heavy Gunner

Silence Shot
The Heavy Gunner fires a silencing shot at the enemy which interrupts the target and makes it unavailable to cast any spells for 1.5/2/2.5/3.5 seconds. Awards 2 combo points.

(Needs another name) Frenzy
The Heavy Gunner grants a temporaily attack speed bonus depending on the amount of combo points stored. Consumes all of his combo points once used.
1 point: 20% bonus lasts 3 seconds.
2 points: 30% bonus lasts 3 seconds.
3 points: 40% bonus lasts 3 seconds.
4 points: 55% bonus lasts 3 seconds.
5 points: 75% bonus lasts 4 seconds.

Powder Load
The Heavy Gunner stores a combo point whenever he makes a succesfull shot. The max amount of stored combo points is 5.

Rapid Fire
The Heavy Gunner rapidly fires of 3/4/5 shots at the time of 1 shot. Doesn't cost nor consume any combo points.

This hero might be simple aswell but in my oppinion it doesn't neccesarily have to be advanced to be good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.