Hero spell cooldown sharing.

M

Malevo

I'm pretty new here and to wcIII map editing and I'm not really sure what to look for to find a answer to my problem so here I am.

Anyway, I'm working on a necromancer hero for a map I'm working on and I am making new abilities for him aswell. Those abilities are supposed to summon skeleton units I made and they do. However, there is more than one type of summon ability and they keep sharing cooldowns and spawning their units at the same time. I really want to split these to two cooldowns, but I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Troll

Reaction score
if you are triying to summon from corpses, there is no solution to this unless you make it via triggers, you can use summon misha and feral spirit, if you are not creating them from corpses.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
There is in fact an easy solution, create a custom ability based off Carrion Beetles and set it to the skeleton ability you wanted. Just chance the max amount of units to 0 (makes it infinite) and set the duration to the amount of time the skeletons last.

M

Malevo

if you are triying to summon from corpses, there is no solution to this unless you make it via triggers, you can use summon misha and feral spirit, if you are not creating them from corpses.

Yeah, I am trying to make them use corpses. o_O

Yes there is , go in the object editor find Spell Order Id and change it to something different.

I'm sorry if this seems like a noobish response, but I don't see any spell order ID on any units or abilities.

Jagan

Reaction score
I believe Spell Order ID is only available for Channel and Spellbook.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Bringing back this thread, I am haveing the same problum,
you can use summon misha and feral spirit
i am useing one custom ability after summon misha and one after feral spirit, still buged /=

Jagan

Reaction score
Try making a custom spell based off of Channel or an instant cast spell and when it is casted, create the units you want with triggers. Oh, and add a expiration timer for them. Not entirely similar but it should work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.