Hero/Spell Suggestions

power

Reaction score
Hey,
I am making an rpg and would like some suggestion for heroes and spells. So far I have:

Sorecess - Freeze CHain (Chain Lightning, different art and stuff) Ice shatter (fan of knives, this is level six move and it shoots ice in different directions) Life Drain (obviously life drain) and Dark storm based on Frost nova.

Warrior - Immolation, Devotion Aura, Avatar and Battle Roar (Called something else and also add's armor aswell as attack)

Assassin - Sneak (Stealth, decreases speed but gives bonus attack) Wire Trap - Entangling Roots basically - just different model Throw knife - Shadow Strike different models and Killing blow, kills 1 unit in one shot or if they survive they will be stunned for a short period of time.

I have other heroes ready to work on but i want to hear would everyone would like. I also making 5 levels per normal spell and 3 levels per level 10 (6) spell

There are plenty of idea threads out there, might I suggest tinki3's Post an Ability Idea Thread?

Anyways, I'll post an idea I guess. I dunno if you're up to making trigger spells, so here you go.

Batu, the Night Ranger
Shandris Model

Spell 1: Poison Arrow (Completely unoriginal) :D
Fires a poisonous arrow at a target unit, dealing 100/175/250/325/400 damage and lowering movement speed by 4/8/12/16/20% and armor by 1/2/3/4/5.

Non-triggered. Use Acid Bomb, change the initial damage to the damage I listed, make the interval 999999999 (So the initial damage doesn't go over and over again), and then set the rest of the fields.

Spell 2: Rapid Fire
Emits a barrage of arrows at rapid speed, increasing attack speed by 20/40/60/80/100% for 20 seconds.

Use Berserk. It's that simple.

Spell 3: Healing Wisps
Calls upon a huge group of Wisps to aid you and your allies in combat. These Wisps heal allied units. The less units around, the more they heal for.

This can be made non-triggered. Use Locust Swarm, change the Locust to a Wisp, give it Heal as an Innate Ability. It should autocast, and when you're alone, they will all focus their heals on you, but when more people show up, the Wisps will divert their attention and split the heals. Use an Area of Effect of 0 for it, the Wisps flying around don't look all that good. I have no idea how to make this spell balanced, try experimenting.

Spell 4: Shout
Batu emits a loud shout, intimidating enemies in an area and preventing them from attacking for 3/4/5 seconds.

This spell is easy, copy Silence and change the Attacks Prevented from Spells to Melee and Ranged.

Change what you want in this hero, and if you need further explanation, tell me.

Good ideas, I have an archer ready to make moves for and I might take some of those spells. I also have a healer ready to make and maybe could use that move of healing wisps. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.