US News "Hero" Takes Wheel When Mom Passes Out

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Girl, 10, Called 911, Steered Car; Police Officer Running Alongside Helped Stop It

(CBS) The ten-year-old girl called 911 as she steered the car. A police officer running alongside helped stop it. All three spoke with Maggie Rodriguez on The Early Show.

A quick-thinking 10-year-old girl is being called a hero after taking control of the car her mother was driving when the woman had a seizure and passed out.

Cassandra Osborne was in the passenger seat when her mother, Gretchan Osborne, lost consciousness.

Read more about it here.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
A quick-thinking 10-year-old girl is being called a hero after taking control of the car her mother was driving when the woman had a seizure and passed out.

Meh, most people probably would have done the same

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Meh, most people probably would have done the same

I doubt that. I would think that most 10 year olds would scream, cry, see if their mom is okay, or all 3. Possibily call 911 also.

I would definitely not expect someone so young to steer a moving vehicle out of harms way.

:thup: to the kid

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I doubt it's easy to see your driver have a seisure while the car's in movement, and remain calm enough to drive and call 911.

See? Not all women are bad drivers!

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
I doubt that. I would think that most 10 year olds would scream, cry, see if their mom is okay, or all 3. Possibily call 911 also.

I would definitely not expect someone so young to steer a moving vehicle out of harms way.

:thup: to the kid

ah the insight of most adults on children when they are probably smarter then you :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.