Hero Transforming|Respawn|Color Glow Trouble: Continued

M

Madawc_Z

Would someone who knows, please point out a couple things for me:

1] Respawn Point
How do I set a Respawn trigger for my Hero?
Example: Hero dies, is sent to Respawn region .5 seconds later
Respond with Trigger format

2] Transforming a Hero at a specific time
How can I trigger an automatic 'Metamorphosis' for a Hero at a specific time?
Example: Trigger 'Metamorphosis' when Hero's Health reaches 50.00, or Trigger 'Metamorphosis' when Hero's Experience reaches a specific point

3] Using Metamorphosis but Hero remaining in same physical form
How do edit the 'Metamorphosis' model file, to appear as its regular form?
Example: Demon Hunter model remaining, instead of changing to Demon Hunter(Demon Form)
Respond in Trigger format

4] Changing color of Hero's surrounding glow
How do I set a trigger for a Hero's glow to change color at a specific time?
Example: When a hero performs 'Metamorphosis', its glow goes from color Red to color Green

Please respond with Trigger format. Like,
Events
Conditions
Actions

I would really appreciate the help, I'm a struggler with some things.

H

Hemmo101

1) Here is the trigger to your first problem. I am using Paladin as my Hero who dies and Player 1 is the player with Paladin. The place where my Hero revives is a region called Hero Revive, time between death and respawn is 5 seconds

Events) Unit - Unit owned by Player 1 dies

Conditions) (Unit type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin

Actions) Wait 5.00 seconds
Hero - Instantly revive (Triggering unit) at (Center of Hero Revive <gen>), Show revival graphics

3) Maybe you could use Avatar instead of Metamorphosis

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
1)
Code:
Events: A unit dies.
Condition: Unit is a hero = true (boolean)
Acts: wait .5 seconds 
Hero - Revive Dying Unit instantly
2)
Code:
Events: Every 1 seconds of the game.
Conds: None
Acts: Pick Every Unit matching matching unit hp is less than or = 10 and do issue picked unit to cast Metamorphosis
Leaks, and is a lil off text.
3) There is no trigger. In the Unit editor just make both the transformed unit and normal unit to the normal unit.
4) U cant just change the glow. U can change the color but not just the glow.

T

Trotim

I think I have to correct you two on the first one:
I know that this is not in trigger format, but there are enough "trigger formats" there: Hero Revival Tutorial

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Mine is actually fine. Its just not in the correct text like it is in WE.

T

Trotim

Well it does work, but the hero revives instantly and without a shiny timer.

E

Elf-Beast

mase said:
3) There is no trigger. In the Unit editor just make both the transformed unit and normal unit to the normal unit.

I was under the impression that any morphing ability with the Data - Alternate Form would show the Alternate form's Alternate animations when cast. I never really found a way around this . . .

T

Trotim

@Elf-Beast: Did you try to remove the animation tag of the morphed unit (just when it is created?)

E

Elf-Beast

Woa, actually I had never attempted to use triggers to remove the animation tag, but now that you say that i do recall the trigger. Hmm, that makes alot of spells I've been trying to do much simpler. lol, I've been working around unit animations all this time when there was a simple trigger to remove them. I feel smart. :eek:

M

Madawc_Z

Thanks for the help. I got most of them to work, and learned lots of other things while fiddling around with Triggers. Anyway, I tried to somewhat trick the system code with replacing one model with another, and changing its color, but it didn't work.

Models: Illidan(Campaign) & Demon Hunter(Melee)

Events
Unit - Demon Hunter 001 <gen> takes damage

Conditions

Actions
Unit - Replace Demon Hunter 001 <gen> with a (Unit-type of Illidan 006)
Unit - Change color of Illidan 006 to Red

At first I tried: Unit - Change color of Demon Hunter 001 (alone this trigger worked, but not simulateously, as 'Demon Hunter 001' turned Red, but then when he changed to 'Illidan 006', well, you know)

Problem is, if I want to use 'Replace' I have to manually click the unit on the map, therefore 'Illidan' would have to be on the map somewhere. That was easy to fix, as I just put 'Illidan' in a corner with the Hide trigger. But, I still wanted to change the color of 'Illidan'. That I wasn't able to do.
Demon Hunter 001 turned into Illidan 006, but the color change never took place. I thought for a second maybe the color change only applied to the hidden 'Illidan' I had in the corner, but I was wrong. Well, I've done a lot of thinking on this... and I can't figure it out. Nor can I figure out how to apply an automatic 'Avatar' trigger to a hero. Would a more experienced mapper like to help? =S

Thanks.

Also, is there any way to change a 'skill' name, like 'Avatar' to 'Boost'?

But all of 'Illidan's' forms are one model file, I don't know how to specify which one to use in his morphed form.

Jim_skarrj

Reaction score
you have to use the object editor not the unit editor to change the forms its under model file....

ill check the field...

-required animation names.... usually alternate.... or alternateex or similar simply making the new unit that you want to have nothing in these fields will work fine.

the actual spell simply replaces the unit with another unit.

the spell is also used for gargole stone form, obsidial statue to destroyer and similar spells

it is actually a really powerful ability... you can change permancy, payment (gold), all sorts of stuff...really good skill!.

T

Trotim

Madawc_Z said:
Problem is, if I want to use 'Replace' I have to manually click the unit on the map, therefore 'Illidan' would have to be on the map somewhere.
No. Using [unit-type] doesn't require anyone to click anything.

Madawc_Z said:
Also, is there any way to change a 'skill' name, like 'Avatar' to 'Boost'?
Yes there is. Simply - you got TFT, right? - change the name of the ability in the ability tab of the object editor.

Madawc_Z said:
But, I still wanted to change the color of 'Illidan'. That I wasn't able to do.
Demon Hunter 001 turned into Illidan 006, but the color change never took place. I thought for a second maybe the color change only applied to the hidden 'Illidan' I had in the corner, but I was wrong. Well, I've done a lot of thinking on this... and I can't figure it out.
You mean the replaced unit, right? Well, use [last replaced unit] instead of [Illidan 006], and it should work.

Here's a diagram of what you did (and you'll see that it can't work):
Cha-ching

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.