[Heroes] Spell Ideas

IronTrout

Reaction score
For the Troll :)

Fire Hearted
Active

Zul'Rokh douses himself in flame, burning away at himself and at enemy units nearby. In addition to the self mutilation, Zul'Rokh invokes a flurry of attacks, dealing 50% damage but attacking 230% faster.

Flurry
Passive

If Zul'Rokh is attacked, he will be inflicted with 10/7/4% more damage, but each hit will increase his attack speed by 8/16/24%. This ability is capped at 200% attack speed increase. Lasts 8 seconds, If attacked during effect, the ability timer will reset.

Harpoon
Ultimate
Active

Zul'Rokh throws a heavily weighted spear at an enemy unit dealing mediocre damage. The spear is tied down by a rope held by the Troll. When the spear hits the unit, Zul'Rokh slowly pulls himself into the target, dealing a small amount of damage per second to the target.

Archideas

Reaction score
Great to see so many ideas coming along, really appreciated! :thup: Keep 'em coming, folks.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Poison of The Underworld[P]

The siren is highly skilled in the art of poisons and killing ways. She applies a green killing poison to her polearm. Lasts a couple of seconds and dealing dps for each lvl of the ability.

[Level 1]: Applies for 10 seconds, dealing 15 dps and decreasing movement speed(ms) by 3%
[Level 2]: Applies for 20 seconds, dealing 20 dps and decreasing ms by 6%.
[Level 3]: Applies for 30 seconds, dealing 25 dps and decreasing ms by 9%.

etc..

//Chaos_Knight

Archideas

Reaction score
@ Chaos Knight, Serena will be a supporter mostly, so I think I'll refrain from having her use poison. Rather come up with something that manipulates the battlefield, aiding her allies or disorienting her enemies.

*EDIT*

Also, Femur now has two abilities set on him, Rotten Flesh and Vengeful Blight (Thanks to SafeFail)

th_BTNRottenFlesh.png

Rotten Flesh - Passive

Femur's rotten flesh gives away a strong odor. The stench is so unholy that nearby enemy units will lose health overtime and lose movement and attack speed.

Level 1 - Drains 4 health every second and decreases movement speed by 10% and attack speed by 5%.
Level 2 - Drains 6 health every second and decreases movement speed by 15% and attack speed by 10%
Level 3 - Drains 8 health every second and decreases movement speed by 20% and attack speed by 15%

BTNRegenerationAura.png

Vengeful Blight - Passive - Ultimate

Femur's unholy presence intensifies as he suffers battle wounds. Increases the effects of Rotting Flesh by 45% and adds a 35% chance to block incoming damage. When Femur blocks an attack, the blight violently explodes from his body, dealing 65 damaging to nearby enemies. Only triggers when Femur is at or below 60% health.

As he now have 2 passive abilities, his two last ones should be active, either target point/unit or instant. =)

Archideas

Reaction score
*Bump*

Also, please don't give Femur more movement or attack speed manipulating abilities. :thup:

*EDIT*

I'll try and clarify a little bit more what kind of abilities each hero should have.

Femur: Since he's mainly a tank and already has got a passive ability that blocks damage and an aura that slows movement and attack speed as well as drains health from nearby enemy units, he needs two active abilities, either to help him survive or take down his enemies.

Bloodbeak: Bloodbeak mainly focus on his strength. He'll have the highest health pool of them all, which he relies on to survive as a tank. I've seen some pretty nice spell ideas from him already, but the more the merrier and it gives me a chance to combine spells with my own, if I should happen to come up with something suitable for a particular ability.

Rhy'tahl: Her to primary abilities are already set, a passive poison and the ability to create copies of herself upon attack, just like Phantom Lancer's Juxtapose. The poison stacks with each illusion as well. Only missing an ultimate and an active ability for her now.

Zul'rokh: Pure damage dealer, should focus on increasing his attack speed, damage or something along those lines, just like a real berserker. But not just increasement, or he'll get boring fast.

Serena: The primary support hero. She has a temporary Charm ability which will be her way of dealing damage to enemy units. The remaining abilities which has yet to be thought up, should preferably help her allies and/or hinder her enemies.

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For Either BloodBeak or the Siren:

Microburst
Targetable AoE; deals 150 x level + (5 x Agi / 3) damage in the target area, knocks back enemies away from the center of cast (AoE Knockback) and stuns for 1 x level + (0.35 x Str) seconds.
Level 1 - 10 sec cooldown
Level 2 - 10 sec cooldown
Level 3 - 8 sec cooldown (I'm no good at balancing, but you get the general idea.)

Most likely for Femur or the Siren. Femur would be better suited though.

Level ? Death (Sort of like DoTA's but more geared for universal damage rather than Hero only. Actually, I had Zaelra the Death Seraph from FFXII in mind when thinking of this)

Deals 115 x level + (0.25 x Int + 0.75 Str / 2). Inflicts instant death upon non-hero units if their current HP is a multiple of the Death factor.

Level 1 - *Level 4 Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a multiple of 4.
Level 2 - *Level 3 Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a multiple of 3.
Level 3 - *Prime Level Death* Kills target non-hero unit if their current health is a prime number. Stuns Hero units for 0.75 + (0.33 x Int) seconds if their current health is a prime number.

Cooldown is 7 seconds for all levels.

Again, balancing is an issue for me, but you get the general idea -_________-

Archideas

Reaction score
Hmm... these ideas are pretty neat, but yeah, some balance issues. But I dunno, the Microburst is a little on the unoriginal side. An AoE knockback isn't very interesting. :p

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
True enough. Knockbacks have been overabused in many spells from what I've seen. War Stomp and Slam based spells especially. I kinda thought it fit the Downburst effect though, so it's why I mentioned it :p There might be some way to spice it a bit, like disorienting the affected units, or cauing extra damage to the units in the center and minimal damage to the units furthest from the center (Which would be more like a microburst actually)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Knockback is actually pretty interesting, when used correctly.

Being able to change enemys location can be used in pretty cool and awesome ways. ( Of course this is only true when knockback is that kind of knockback that does this and not just some lil graphical effect like knockback. )

Anyways, skills dont have to be complex to be cool. A simple single target knockback spell is the type I usually enjoy most in most maps.

Archideas

Reaction score
*Bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump, bada-bump-bump*

When the night
has come
and the land is dark
and the moon,
is the only
light we'll see-

Oh, right. Bumping!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
For that Rhy Tal assassin hero:

Shuriken Fivesome

Throws a shuriken, which deals damage and slows units in a line for few seconds. Rhy Tal can throw 5 shurikens before spell cooldown triggers. Has X second cooldown.

Basicly you have a suply of 5 shurikens. You can either spam and throw them all with very short intervals, or use them more sparingly. After all 5 shurikens have been used, the cooldown activates, and after that you have 5 shurikens again. You can remove cooldown from those 5 shurikens by removing ability and adding it again.

Throat Cutters Frenzy

Rhy Tal dashes 3 times, dealing damage to everyone in her path. Each dash deals X damage.

This should be a multi targetting spell, like for example, Anitarfs Tripwire. If your Jass skills are not too good, it might be that you cant make a spell like this. In that case, ask help from the community.

Anyways. You select 3 enemy targets. Rhy Tal dashes over the first one, and damages all units in her path. Rhy Tal does not stop at this first target, but ends few meters behind it. After this Rhy Tal instantly dashes over the second target, again ending few meters behin it. After this she dashes right to the thrid target, and ends up directly behind it.

You can even select same target 2 or 3 times to deal maximum damage to one target. If Rhy Tal dashes over one target 3 times, it naturally receives damage from all 3 dashes.

Anyways. You like?
Both spells can be used to deal either maximum AoE damage to many targets, or you can focus to one target and deal as much damage to it as possible.

Archideas

Reaction score
I think I'll make the Throat Cutters Frenzy the ultimate for Rhy'tahl. Thanks alot for your ideas!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.