"Highlight" unit event?

woot

Reaction score
It looks as though the select unit event won't fire if you select a unit within an already selected unit group

as in..

let's say you highlight 12 units and then in that group of 12 at the bottom of your screen you select 1 of them to be the "highlighted" unit .. the select unit event won't fire for that highlight... can I capture that highlight event somehow?

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) is in myGroup) Equal to True
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Guess What?

myGroup is a unit group variable, add those units you want the event to execute at in that group.
If this doesn't work for when the unit is already selected, then no.

woot

Reaction score
selecting a unit by clicking it at the bottom of your screen doesn't fire off the selection event

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
selecting a unit by clicking it at the bottom of your screen doesn't fire off the selection event

Yes it does, the first click is the unit type filter ( which isn't actually selecting a unit ), second clicking it again would fire the event.

I just tested it, and it does work even when a unit is already selected.

woot

Reaction score
Yes it does, the first click is the unit type filter ( which isn't actually selecting a unit ), second clicking it again would fire the event.

I just tested it, and it does work even when a unit is already selected.

oh

well I guess I mean selecting it on the first click

the second click is kind of pointless to me because it deselects the group and in my map is counterintuitive because selecting a unit is necessary to control them .. but if you just select the "unit type" it shows the unit's abilities but nothing else

hmm

I guess in any case I have to find a way to work around this ..

thanks for the info

I'm still having other selection trouble.. it seems like trying to select a group of units on the selection event causes all hell to break loose.. crashes.. freezes.. (even if you disable the selection event while selecting the group of units)

I don't understand why this causes the game to freeze:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
        Selection - Clear selection for Player 1 (Red)
        Selection - Select (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 1 (Red)) for Player 1 (Red)
        Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

I turn off the trigger.. and yet it still freezes as if it's selecting units forever

I figured it out

I can get the select trigger to only run if the "unit count" of selected units is 1 ..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.