How can I make a program continue Processing.

WackO_WilL

Reaction score
okay, So I took on the project of recording 3 hours of minecraft. me and my friend (I was on another computer) time lapsed us making 2 houses and a farm. Now the problem is. 1 I recorded at 30Fps, Which is a little much for 3 hours. And 2 My Video Editing Software goes unresponsive. this is understandable as it still is processing when its unresponsive and gets done when its done. How ever. I noticed that sometimes. it will Stop processing, but use up my Physical memory. I was wondering, If there was any way I can force start processing again.

My computer specs are alright. I just got a new rig. And this is the first mega project i have undertaken. The video was using native Screen resolution, 1920x1200 And was recorded at 30 Frames per second. ontop of it, I recorded it as a GDI quality Lossless format. I understand this is a big burden on most computers to take 13.9Gb Of pictures, and speed it up 50 times. But, Even trying to chop it into 10 minute Segments takes forever. I've been processing this same 10 Minute segment. for about an hour now (almost 2!) and still no progress as far as i can see.

Computer specs:

Operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
Processor: AMD Phenom(Tm) II X6 1090T Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory 4096MB RAM
Page File: 3045MB used, 5117MB available

As well as 2 ASUS Video cards, Forgot what they were, Too lazy to grab boxes, don't think its necessary.

Next time 15 FPS should be Sufficent :thup:

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Your computer should be more than enough to process it. However, you should wait at least double the duration of the video you put in process. I often convert HD videos and for a 2 hours movie, it takes around 5 hours to process, with a 2-pass option (I have a weaker computer than you). Note that the most important thing is the processor here and you do have the processing power :p.

What program are you using? Perhaps you're missing an important codec or something and the program just froze.

WackO_WilL

Reaction score
I am using BB Flash Back Pro Player. It saves the videos into its own extention. The System itself is reall good and reliable (Just don't try to record 3d Accelerated Games) And right now, i'm just trying to chop up 3 hours into 10 minute segments, because my Computer usually takes a poop on me By telling me my physical memory is dangerously low. Then Causes BB Flashback to Stop Processing and Stop using Physical memory All together.

I also have 4, 1 TB hardrives, In a raid ten setup. And in a few days I will be Upgrading from 4GB Ram, To 12GB. (I checked to see if my computer would accept it and it does) But even just trying to take a 10 Minute Segment out of this. has taken me 2 Hours. Right now my Physical memory is at 99% (With Both Mozilla and BBflash back) I even turned off Explorer.exe and all other unnessicary Processes.

So basicaly, What I'm observing is, In the process window:
System Idle : 99
Firefox.exe*32bit 89K memory
Flashbackplayer.exe*32 63K memory

Physical memory 3.04Gb Used.
CPU process 0% Across all 6

However, When Flashback is working properly, Even unresponsive, its usually at 1,000,000K Memory usage
13% Cpu
and 3.98GB of Memory.

Not sure why its Memory is still being used in performance Interface if Process Interface says Mozilla is using more. lol

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I just want to point out that Explorer.exe and friends are NOT unnecessary processes.

The program just may be working and you don't know it.

Just turn it on and go do something for like 6 hours and then come back. If there's no progress, go to bed. Wake up the next morning and check. If it's still got nothing, then there may be a problem.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
FYI for a time lapse you can do something like .5 FPS. Having more FPS will make it fluid, not time-lapse.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
I just want to point out that Explorer.exe and friends are NOT unnecessary processes.

The program just may be working and you don't know it.

Just turn it on and go do something for like 6 hours and then come back. If there's no progress, go to bed. Wake up the next morning and check. If it's still got nothing, then there may be a problem.

Agree. If this fails, just try some other software.

WackO_WilL

Reaction score
Well, Explorer.exe can always be ended to give the extra 120K memory to other programs, and can be started up when you need it. Turns out, I let it run over night, And i came back in the morning to an error "Physical Memory is at a dangerous level, Close unneeded programs and retry". This being said. I clicked okay and BB flashback closed. Turns out it courupt my 3 hours of minecraft :( Feels almost like wasted time.

Anyways, I did however get a shorter 1 hour and 30 minute timelapse to sucsessfully work (at 30 FPS) Which was taken before this last one. its up on youtube if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2X2kn-eJss

I have concluded Less Frame rates are vital, But however, the time lapse i was aiming for was going to have moments where it slows down to normal, And you would be able to witness a conversation between the 2 players. then speed back up again. Thats why I needed 30 fps, to make it smooth for these transitions. I'm kinda noob at settin up video, So I'm gonna tweak with it more. Thanks for the help anyways!

And Also, I've been looking into other programs! thanks all!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

Explorer.exe isn't a necessary program. The computer can run just fine without it and other things can operate without it.
It's just the GUI for the users to use to control it, however not necessary. :p

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Try using different programs then. Not sure what programs to use though :-/ I've never made a time lapse before.

Well, DDR, how many people do you know who don't use Explorer.exe :p Only a handful on my end and they're not exactly the brightest stars in the sky, IMHO.

I prefer to assume that the people asking for help do need to use Explorer.exe for their PC's.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.