how did the helper (a tech support site) get a warcraft zone?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
im just wondering how did a tech support site start to have a warcraft zone?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think Ryoko / Im_On_56k / (old admins) started it because they had it (Warcraft 3) and it was a new thing, they made the world editor help website and I guess they decided to make the forum on the helper's forum board instead.

Reaction score
wow i just noticed that this was a technical site lol (hence the logo and text in the top right)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the other way round - TH.net was somewhat of a Blizzard games support website at first, long before vBulletin came.
http://web.archive.org/web/20020224233821/helpernet.project404.org/

So General Tech is more likely the "new" thing here. WE Help presumably came when Ryoko wrote a couple of tutorials that became very popular (and still are).

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
I came here originally because off WE since then I have moved to the graphic side off the form

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Darg, one of our former Admins was very involved in the beginnings of the World Editor Help Forum (which go back farther than pretty much anyone posting in this thread unless Rapmaster speaks up). Wargasm played my role in that by getting the site on a decent forum software and taking care of Hosting during the beginning. The WET site was SD_Ryoko which I hosted and we integrated into the TheHelper.net site and forums. When that happened the traffic to the forums took off and the rest is history.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It started out as a tech support site for Starcraft and Diablo. We got a pretty decent Staredit forum going too.

Somewhere along the line we made another forum for general tech issues. And of course when War3 was released we made some forums for its tech support and world editor.

Recently we haven't focused much on the tech support for Blizzard games because they've started to take their own battle.net support forums seriously again (like in the old days)

Insane!

Reaction score
Recently we haven't focused much on the tech support for Blizzard games because they've started to take their own battle.net support forums seriously again (like in the old days)

WOOT!
===============
on topic:

ok thanks guys

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Blizzard has some of the best tech support out there. It is real hard for a site devoted to unofficial Blizzard Tech Support to compete with them.

You think we are helpful for Warcraft 3? Wait until Starcraft 2. Nobody on this site except for Rapmaster and Acehart remember how helpful we were for original Starcraft. I know this looks like a War3 site but utimately in the mind of this Admin Starcraft RULES!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Blizzard has some of the best tech support out there. It is real hard for a site devoted to unofficial Blizzard Tech Support to compete with them.

You think we are helpful for Warcraft 3? Wait until Starcraft 2. Nobody on this site except for Rapmaster and Acehart remember how helpful we were for original Starcraft. I know this looks like a War3 site but utimately in the mind of this Admin Starcraft RULES!

Didn't know that,
I knew you guys did blizzard tech support but didn't know your golden age was with SC :rolleyes:
But I know a few people here that won't get SC2 XD
but I think after it and the SE will slowly leech people from WE till its sucked dry

Insane!

Reaction score
Well thanks guys

lol i didnt know that thehelper.net was so starcraft savvy

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.