HOW do i make a spell which creeps cant attack me but enemy hero can ?

darkholy

Reaction score
how to make a spell which when cast, creeps cant attack me even when they are near (they probably stand near by and do nothing or even can walk away on its own as though they see nothing) , but enemy hero (player controlled) can still see me and attack me

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Make sure heroes can attack "Mechanical" but not the creeps. Then when spell is triggered use:
Code:
Unit - Add classification of Mechanical to (Triggering unit)
It should work.. and maybe you should remove the classification after a time:cool:

darkholy

Reaction score
Make sure heroes can attack "Mechanical" but not the creeps. Then when spell is triggered use:
Code:
It should work.. and maybe you should remove the classification after a time:cool:

let me try and see if it works
thanks

if u have a better suggestion pls let me know
converting to mechanical means i've got to re-edit all heroes into making them able to attack mechanical
this can be quite a chore

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can just set the Targets Allowed for the unit Non - Hero.. Way quicker and does not interfere those units who are already mechanical.

S

Shades-X

What if you have a trigger that is turned on when the spell is used... the trigger I would imagine could be several things but what come to mind for me is:

Unit comes within hero

unit type of triggering unit equal to creep

order unit to do something else...

hmm perhaps not the best way but something to think about

darkholy

Reaction score
hey guys i guess you have forgotten - i wanted a spell.

i cant change "Targets allowed " using Triggers

darkholy

Reaction score
Code:

tried your method

didnt work

swe_suffer

Reaction score
Hmm.. gues you could use a buff, and when a creep target that unit he are ordered to do something else but that whould look wierd..
Edit: you could test with another classification..

darkholy

Reaction score
Hmm.. gues you could use a buff, and when a creep target that unit he are ordered to do something else but that whould look wierd..
Edit: you could test with another classification..

i did try adding a buff and when a creep attacks the hero with the buff, the creep is ordered to move away

but that's just irritating especially when the creep is controlled by enemy player

so i hope the creep can just stand around and do nothing or attack other characters

swe_suffer

Reaction score
You COULD add crowform to the casting unit and make all creeps unavialbe to attack air but the heroes can.. But it will look rather strange aswell..

darkholy

Reaction score
anyway i've already used Air for something else
if i use Ancient or something, it seems i got more work to do adding the Targets Allowed section of the heroes

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
E: unit is atked
C: atked unit is a hero = to true
atking unit is a hero = to false
A: unit - order atking unit to stop

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
i think there's an item-spell of a shield wich reduces the damage of a damage type by %. You can set this % to 100. but then the units still attack, just deal no damage.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.