how do I remove this leak?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Bottom line: if you set a point to a variable, then set a different point to that variable without clearing it, it will leak.

Eg:

Set Temp_Point = Center of Playable Map area
Set Temp_Point = Temp_Point offset by 100 towards 90 degrees

Setting it the second time without removing it WILL cause a leak. I didn't know it either before, but I learned just like you are learning now. Not all leaks lead to immediate and/or noticeable lag, but that doesn't mean that they aren't leaking. The game will run smoother/quicker/without errors if you just remove all the leaks; possibly less lag is just a cherry on top.

And to address your personality:

okay lets forget everything about custom scripts

just assume im a sarcastic rude impatient stubborn kid that wants it done his way.

Is there a way to do it that you guys know of or not?

If not, I don't believe you. Theres a way for every other trigger i've ever made.

We've told you that your method will do nothing related to leak removal, so to answer your question, this line of code should fulfill your need:

Code:
Actions
   Do Nothing

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
I have my own personal reasons for which I chose to avoid JASS and custom script.

In perticular (has come to mind more than once today), renaming variables in the variable editor will not rename them in custom script like they do in normal triggers.

And @curo, you've done nothing but +1 here today. Thanks though.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
I have my own personal reasons for which I chose to avoid JASS and custom script.

In perticular (has come to mind more than once today), renaming variables in the variable editor will not rename them in custom script like they do in normal triggers.

Download NewGen and activate the UMSWE addon. It gives you GUI actions that remove leaks (Such as Point - Remove Point and Group - Destroy Group) that will automatically update when you change variable names.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Just because the map doesn't lag doens't mean it doesn't have leaks.

When you exit your game (using Alt+QQ, not Alt+F4), how long are you held in a black screen? Should be nearly INSTANT for EVERYONE.

Also, just because it adds extra work, it doesn't mean you shouldn't do it...

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
I stress test all my maps to check for lag or long load times or long memory cache cleaning (end of map) times.

@trb92 WEU has these actions also, but don't I need to "initilize advanced triggers" or something to use them?

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score

Like curo said if you won't use custom scripts then you won't remove leaks then the best you can do is

Code:
Actions:
Do nothing

Also if your using WEU.. Drop it.. I screwed my map up after the first try of it.

Cokemonkey11

Reaction score
I've been using WEU since it came out without a single problem..

I'm considering getting NewGen soon as I hear UMSWE is similar to WEU, and newgen gets added functionality on top of that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.