How to add life by triggers?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

I tried to use a trigger-action 'set unit property' to add +25 life to a unit
But the trigger-action only seems to SET the life to a specific amount

Does anyone knows how I can add +25 life to a unit by triggers?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You can use that action, but when you set the value, use the Arithmetic (Real) function and set Value 1 to the Current Life of Unit (Unit Property function), the Operator to +, and Value 2 to 25:

Unit - Set (Triggering unit) Life to (((Triggering unit) Life (Current)) + 25.0)

Dave312

Reaction score
Anything I type in Italic means it is a quote from the editor. So when you try to copy my instructions, look for the terms that I have written in Italic as they will help guide you.

Arithmetic is a function. Look for it in the functions list (under the function tab). It is located in the Math category. This function allows you to use basic mathematical operations (+,-,*,/). In this case you are using it to add 25 to the units current life.

Value 1, Value 2 and Operator are parameters for the Arithmetic (Real) function. When you go to use this function, these terms will make more sense.

You need to replace "Triggering Unit" with whatever is relevant for you. I had them in their because they are the default.

So here is an explanation of what you are trying to do. For example say your unit is named Bob. You want in increase Bob's Life by 25. So because you can't modify Bob's life, only set it to a value, the value you want to set it to is (Bob's Life + 25). So what you are trying to do is say:
Bob's Life = Bob's Life + 25

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Can't figure it out... :( :(

the trigger action is now:

set playing unit player 1 life to (0.0 + 25.0)

so where can I set it's about the unit which get's the bonus?

note: I attached a region to 'my unit' and when the bonus enters this region 'my unit' must get hitpoints

Dave312

Reaction score
You need to edit 0.0 in your action and set it to the function Unit Property. Then just change the unit parameter to your unit (you can leave the other values to their default. You action should now look like this:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set playing unit player 1 Life to (playing unit player 1 Life (Current) + 25.0)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
thanks Dave ! but if the unit is full healthy there must no any hitpoints added then

example: marine has 75 hitpoints it wont get 100 then? (maximum = 75)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
no, it just adds life to its current life, it does not increase the maximum

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.