How to Create an Ability to Give Units a Chance to Miss on Attack

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
I am making a map in which the units use guns and I was wondering hw you could make a passive ability that gives a unit the chance to miss on attack. Pls help!

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
Larcenist:
Thx but no I cant do that because I want to have it so that different units have different levels of accucary and that can't be done by giving every unit evasion.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Then you would have to look up a damage detection system and modify the damage dealt using it.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Or use something like this: Random integer from 1 to 100 less than or equal to... and then add spiked baricade with 100% damage reduction or something and then remove it when the unit takes dmg.. Very complicated in GUI i think...

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I think curse with 0 duration lasts forever, so you could maybe use curse like darkbeer said.

eskimojoe_66

Reaction score
darkbeer & Viikuna:
Thx ya i'll use curse ty
++rep

Igor_Z:
Ughhh that sounds a bit too complicated but thx anyway :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You would need to trigger it:
Code:
Miss
a Unit is attacked

If/then/else do actions:
conditions:Level of ability equal to 1
actions:If/then/else do actions:
conditions:Random number between 1 and 100 less than or equal to 10
create 1 dummy at position of triggeringUnit facing triggeringunit
order unit to (curse)

you would need to make curse last 0.50 seconds and be 100% chance to miss.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
>You would need to trigger it

Not like that you wouldn't. Read the rest of the thread, the solution is to give curse 0 duration. Then it lasts forever, with the miss chance included. Multiple levels of curse can be given to different units which is easily modifiable through triggers.

Estel3

Reaction score
Definitely Critical Strike with a chance to do 0% damage. The only downside is that it says "0!" when you miss, but it personally doesn't bother me.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
I suggest we do what saw said. It's the best way, doesn't show a 0 floating text and works perfectly fine.

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
I read over at wc3c, that when you set the damage multiplier of critical strike to -1% instead of 0% it wont show a 0!

so that would be perfect
if you dont want to show the icon of critical strike in the units commands panel, hide it in an disabled spellbook.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.