How to create lightning effect between units?

valiohristov

Reaction score
How do you create a lightning effect between two units.
Like if a unit is in less than 600 range from another unit the lightning is created and if they are more than 600 units from each other the effect breaks.

werasd

Reaction score
Maybe creating a dummy unit at the point of the "caster" that attacks (change the missile art type, but if you want no damage, then set it's damage to 0) or casts a spell constantly. I guess the first option is more suitable.

valiohristov

Reaction score
Maybe creating a dummy unit at the point of the "caster" that attacks (change the missile art type, but if you want no damage, then set it's damage to 0) or casts a spell constantly. I guess the first option is more suitable.

Can i do that without any dummy units

werasd

Reaction score
There is an action for that... i just found it.

Trigger:
  • Lightning Effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Furion 0029 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source (Position of (Triggering unit)) to target (Position of Furion 0029 <gen>)

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
There is an action for that... i just found it.

Trigger:
  • Lightning Effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of Furion 0029 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Lightning - Create a Chain Lightning - Primary lightning effect from source (Position of (Triggering unit)) to target (Position of Furion 0029 <gen>)

Dude! I have never noticed that action! This is very useful, I once had this problem and found a tutorial who said it was only availible for vJass.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
How do you create a lightning effect between two units.
Like if a unit is in less than 600 range from another unit the lightning is created and if they are more than 600 units from each other the effect breaks.

Create a lightning effect mentioned above. Store the lightning effect in a variable. Make a periodic trigger to move the lightning effect to source location = caster and target location = target so that the lightning will be where it's supposed to be. Check the distance between the caster and the target on the periodic trigger. If distance > 600, then destroy lightning effect variable.

werasd

Reaction score
Create a lightning effect mentioned above. Store the lightning effect in a variable. Make a periodic trigger to move the lightning effect to source location = caster and target location = target so that the lightning will be where it's supposed to be. Check the distance between the caster and the target on the periodic trigger. If distance > 600, then destroy lightning effect variable.

That's it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.