How to deal with AI Captains

leric

Reaction score
In melee AI script, there is a native CreateCaptains which create captains (an invisible unit) that coordinate the movement of the AI units. If this native were not called during initialization of the AI, it will later cause the game to crash when the AI try to expand. Currently I'm having problem here giving orders to units or groups as the captains's orders will always overwrite my orders and vice versa every second or few seconds.

E.g. A group of unit is being ordered use GroupPointOrder() to move and attack to a point but whenever the unit is trying to leave the start location of the player, it will automatically turn back and remain at the starting location. Therefore, i've created a loop to continuously order the group to perform the actions but at the same time the unit seems to be trying to move back to the starting location as well as to my ordered location as if it is being pulled by 2 ropes on opposite direction.

Here's the question:
1. What is the correct sequence or way to order units to perform my actions rather than following the captain's order.
2. What is the way to correctly manipulate captains so it will not made conflicting orders to the units?
3. Is there a way to shut them off without later crash them while expanding? (there maybe more than just expanding that causes the crash which has not been found yet)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.