how to fix spellbook

Kahiera

Reaction score
i've tried making a spellbook ability for my hero. it is set to a hero ability, has the base order spellbook, max spells 9, min 1, no shared spell cooldown, 5 levels, each with spell from previous level along with another one, check dependancies set to true, and everything else is either false, 0 or empty other than the name and tooltip.

so my problem is, when i try learning the spellbook from my hero, no spellbook shows up in my hero and instead i get an ability that i shouldn't get until the spellbook is level 4...

to level the spells in the book i use this trigger:
Code:
Balance
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Balance 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                        Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                        Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                        Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                        Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                        Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                        Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                        Unit - Set level of Nature's Grasp  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                    Else - Actions
                                            If - Conditions
                                                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 5
                                                Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                                Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                                Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                                Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                                Unit - Set level of Nature's Grasp  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                                Unit - Set level of Starfire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                            Else - Actions
                                                Do nothing
what am i doing wrong and what can i do to fix it? i need multiple spellbooks for each hero :(

Sk8-tEr

Reaction score
Code:
Balance
    Events
        Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    Conditions
        (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Balance 
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                        Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                        Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                            Else - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 4
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                        Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                        Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                        Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                        Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                        Unit - Set level of Nature's Grasp  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                    Else - Actions
                                            If - Conditions
                                                (Level of Balance  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Unit - Set level of Moonfire  for (Triggering unit) to 5
                                                Unit - Set level of Thorns  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                                Unit - Set level of Wrath  for (Triggering unit) to 4
                                                Unit - Set level of Entangling Roots  for (Triggering unit) to 3
                                                Unit - Set level of Faerie Fire  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                                Unit - Set level of Nature's Grasp  for (Triggering unit) to 2
                                                Unit - Set level of Starfire  for (Triggering unit) to 1
                                            Else - Actions
                                                Do nothing

Unit - Set level of (any ability) to (any level) The hero has to learn the ability first i think.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.