How to make a shop have an inventory like a hero?

helpmeplease

Reaction score
I've made a trade building where you buy lumber or gold for double the price of the other. But i don't want to have to have u unit there to pick it up so i thought maybe u can make the shop have an inventory and have it the bundles go straight into its inventory and using them instantly.
is this possible?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
It would probably be easier to change the range you can buy items from the specific shop.

If you want all shops to behave this way (buying from an infinite range), just change the Activation Radius and Cast Range of the Select Hero ability.

If you want it for the specific shop, just make a new Select Hero ability, change the same fields, and make that specific shop use the new ability.

You can change the values to 1,000,000,000 by holding shift when entering the value (shift+enter, type 999999999999, then enter again).

helpmeplease

Reaction score
nah i don't have any hero's to pick them up. like.. none. thats why i wanted it to use them. and im trying to avoid triggers. cause there's many items

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
Sorry, missed the instantly use.

If you want the items to be used instantly, there is an item field (Stats - Use Automatically When Acquired). That should be able to do it without a trigger).

Or you can do it the trigger way (maybe you don't want it used if they just pick it off form the floor...).
If you do the above and add this as a trigger...
Trigger:
  • Autouse
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Tome of Experience
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Phat Lewt
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Enchanted Gemstone
          • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    • Actions
      • Hero - Order (Buying unit) to use (Sold Item)
...it should do what you want. The item types, of course, should be the charge items you want (and not require targets).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.