how to make dummy in one line, casting unit-target point

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Ok, Find the Slam ability, since there is no caster "model = none.

remove art-caster thunderclap

add art - effect - thunderclap.. and now it will show.

PooBucket

Reaction score
sorry if i ask to much, but when i use the test map, i modify the peasant and delete the model, leaving the model in object editor blank, and when i test it, the peasant doesn't show, BUT, the slam effect (the earth cracks and the thunder below caster) doesn't shown too

now, how to make that effect still shown while the caster is hidden an not with the invisible effect? is it possible?

That is because dummy units have no model, in sense, no origin points either. You would have to put create special effect at Point not unit. Or you could put in effect or area effect. Those aren't attached to the unit but the area. Dw, about possibilities. GUI and JASS can do heaps of things and that is one very minor thing.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Code:
Set Temp_Loc = (Position of (Last created unit))
Special Effect - Create a special effect on Temp_Loc using Human/Abilities/Spells/ThunderClap/ThunderClapEffect
Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special effect)
Custom Scrpit:    call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Loc)

add this to your trigger :p

demotry241

Reaction score
as I said you just need to add art-effect = thunderclap. to the slam skill. nothing more nothing less

i modified my test map and it now creates circles xD haha lol.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC:

whats the difference between:
Art - Caster
Art - Effect
Art - Missle
Art - Special

demotry241

Reaction score
art caster. = well art of the caster casting the thing.

art effect= art after casting the thing..

art missile = art of the missile.

art special= used when making the unit explode on death...

wc3scrnshot071008174020zl2.jpg

200 UNITS FTW!

aredee

Reaction score
thanks for everyone here, even i'm not done with this problem:D, i will try it in my map

WilliamPa

Reaction score
I think art - effect works for some spells as target model if multiple targets, last time tested was shockwave, art - target only worked if u clicked unit art - effect worked on all damaged units.

demotry241

Reaction score
I think art - effect works for some spells as target model if multiple targets, last time tested was shockwave, art - target only worked if u clicked unit art - effect worked on all damaged units.

that is why i checked first before saying to put thunderclap effect to art-effect, i tested it to worked : )

aredee

Reaction score
back to the topic, first time i used the trigger that you used in your map, i only CnP it, and i think it is what making everything in trouble, i keep modifying your test map, and i can make the slam become circular just like what you did :D

demotry241

Reaction score
heheh the angle of the last created unit -/+ some number :D

the offset of 100 to angle. xD

but did you now know how to implement it ^^

demotry241

Reaction score
copying the spell from the test map to your map :D and please check the poll i recently created , please ^^

Anti-krazy

Reaction score
Nice one except how do you make it stay like the one on dota. u use it and it stays there for (blah) seconds?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.