i try something like this

Code:
split earth
event
a unit finish casting a spell
condition
ability being cast equal to split earth
action
unit - create 1 dummy for (owner of (casting unit)) at ((position of (casting unit)) offset by 150 towards (angle from (position of (casting unit)) to (target point of ability being cast)) degrees) facing default building facing degrees
unit - order (last created unit) to neutral - slam [COLOR="RoyalBlue"](the dumy already has slam ability)[/COLOR]
unit - add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
wait 0.02 second
action
unit - create 1 dummy for (owner of (casting unit)) at ((position of (casting unit)) offset by 250 towards (angle from (position of (casting unit)) to (target point of ability being cast)) degrees) facing default building facing degrees
unit - order (last created unit) to neutral - slam [COLOR="RoyalBlue"](the dumy already has slam ability)[/COLOR]
unit - add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to (last created unit)
([COLOR="RoyalBlue"]and then i just CnP the above action until 550 range[/COLOR])

but, the dummy will be created to a straight line between caster to the center of map (i make a test with changing the dummy to a normal unit that is visible), the slam is ok, but the only problem is in the dummy creation place, i hope anyone know the solution

Reaction score
Suggestion : try changing event to Starts the effect of an ability. (Casting time does not interfere with this. It will run right after casting time is over.)

If that doesn't work, I suggest not using angles and using a different method.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
I suggest removing the wait, or setting Target point of ability being cast in a point variable.

Offtopic: 301 posts, yay!

aredee

Reaction score
for removing the wait action, it's just to make the slam effect goes periodically, so unit on the farthest range can evade, and the nearest get hit first

and for making Target point of ability being cast in variable point, ever try it before and it was the same, doesn't work, the dummy still spawn in a straight line between caster and center of map

T.s.e

Reaction score
Is the spell instant cast? (Like Fan of Knives, thunder clap, war stomp) or unit targeted? (Finger of death, chain lightning etc)

aredee

Reaction score
the triggering spell (the split earth ability) is based from impale, do you know some method that makes it a lot easier?

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, do you target a point? I don't remeber wether that spell does or not. If you do not target a point, but a unit, then you will have to use Position of (Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast).

T.s.e

Reaction score
Hmm. I have no idea what could be causing it, since Impale is a ground target spell..

aredee

Reaction score
yeah, that's what making me sick, if you think my trigger is right, then same as me, but, it won't work, oh man

this problem still need solution, need help, please

HappyPeasant

Reaction score
whats the problem the spell wont work or its not in a straight line
if its the line make a trigger that finds the angle of the caster to the target then set it as a var (pre made angle of 0)

then use that var to make a straight line

i saw that your having a problem with the slam going off the wrong time... go and edit it so the casting time is 0.01 then itll apear almost instanly no matter how long the distance is

black.sheep

Reaction score
Maybe the dummy units dont have enough mana? Common problem for me, i always seem to forget the mana cost for dummy spells.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
like This?
lolvm2.jpg

The Test Map
http://boxstr.com/files/2659391_gpwua/SLam%20in%20Front%20CHAIN.w3x

to make it MPI - make variables have arrays. then just variable[player number]

haha.. lol peasants are my dummy units.. xD

aredee

Reaction score
sorry if i ask to much, but when i use the test map, i modify the peasant and delete the model, leaving the model in object editor blank, and when i test it, the peasant doesn't show, BUT, the slam effect (the earth cracks and the thunder below caster) doesn't shown too

now, how to make that effect still shown while the caster is hidden an not with the invisible effect? is it possible?

aredee

Reaction score
wait, it doesn't work in my map, oh man, but it work in your test map, what happening with my map?? does everyone ever experienced something like this? i think all this trouble started because my WE

and demotry, i change it to 0.01, but the minimum is 0.10, am i still have to reset it to 1?

demotry241

Reaction score
scaling value is the scale of the object example

castle scaling value of 1: normal castle
if scaling value = 2 double the size of normal castle

the same thing applies to special effects

slam of peasant is 1:normal size

if you set it to 2 : double the normal size
set it to .1 10% of the original size.

so if scaling value is = 1 : but you have no model so it doesnt mean a thing. except the size of the slam

it can go lower if you press shift+enter.

make sure slam doesnt cost any mana.

use import/export.

aredee

Reaction score
so if scaling value is = 1 : but you have no model so it doesn't mean a thing. except the size of the slam

have you ever tried it? well, i make the peasant (still in your test map) has no model(changing the path .mdl, right?), and i reset the scaling value to 1, the ground's crack doesn't shown, but the earth does pushed below

demotry241

Reaction score
ok ok, i will try it now... wait.. ill make the peasant die in pain. without model.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.