How to order 'Restoration skill' ?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You can't change a spell's order id, except in the case of Charge Gold and Lumber, Spellbook, and Channel.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I have no idea what you're talking about. So imagine a bunny with a pancake on its head.

>Or perhaps it is that when you use an order's ability id on a unit it looks through the spells and finds the closest match

It tries to cast them all at once. The lucky one that's picked is quite random, if I remember correctly. If the lucky one is on cooldown, the next in line gets to be cast.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
So then when using an ability, it'll use whichever ability a given unit has with the matching order, the idea of 2 orders and finding a match rather than the idea of 3.

If you make a unit use an ability that it doesn't know, it'll automatically use default warcraft editor data.

What a terrible design! : O

Oh, and since you didn't quite understand-

The idea of 3 orders associated with an ability-
Rawcode: order 1
String global order or w/e: Order 2, the one that you recognize
Order 3: a unique order for each ability, that way you can cast "specific" abilities rather than picking a rabbit out of a hat and hoping you got the right one.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
It doesn't cycle through all abilities and find a specific match, I don't think.

I believe that the lucky ability that gets cast in times of multiple abilities with the same order is cast purely because of casting time. And then randomness. *shrugs*

If you notice, issuing an order to a unit with multiple abilities with the same order causes all their buttons to light up at once. But only one gets cast.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
You don't quite understand what I am getting at.

It goes through abilities on the unit and tries to cast all the abilities that match the order issued rather than running the specific ability being cast.

The reason for this is because abilities don't have 3 associated orders (rawcode, global order, unique order), but only 2 (rawcode and global).

So when using an ability, it could be any ability from an entire pool of abilities of the matching global order.

Again, an absolutely terrible design ^^

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Indeed. Terrible design, indeed...

trial1938

Reaction score
Wow too many replies I could not understand 100% of your comments,
but now I know W3 system is not normal, hehe

Maybe W3 developer's philosophy was a little bit strange.

Anyway I tried chobibo's order id, but it seems does not work.

Thank you

trial1938

Reaction score
Chobibo,

I have tested your map, and found you tested 'Restoration Potion' (abilcode:AIre) not the 'Scroll of Restoration' (abilcode:AIRa).

So I modified your map and tested again,
I got 852282 as the OrderId (your number was 852281)

And tested with the new number and it works well !!

Thank you for your good test map ! :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.