How turn a unit into a hero?

SutinG

Reaction score
Hello,

Just like the title says, I want to turn a simple unit into a hero, but I don't remember how... I think that i have to change some field in the Object editor > Unit > "MyUnit", but i don't know wich one is...

I know that I can use an existing hero and changing his model but I want to keep the current attributes of the unit.

Thanks in advance!

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
You cannot change your hero like that I believe. You have to either copy a hero, or copy your existing unit and change it's ID so it has a capital letter I think.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
I believe the only way possible is to change the model of the hero into a unit. Then modify its attributes until it's like that unit. Now the only thing different between that hero and the unit is how it is targeted, and that it will gain exp and level up, although you can disable that. You can even make the hero not have inventory.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Exactly what Wummi said. You have to base it on a hero, I don't think it's possible to turn a unit to a hero. Just create a hero, change it's model attributes and properties, and you're done.

Exticede

Reaction score
I believe the only way possible is to change the model of the hero into a unit. Then modify its attributes until it's like that unit. Now the only thing different between that hero and the unit is how it is targeted, and that it will gain exp and level up, although you can disable that. You can even make the hero not have inventory.

I suppose that would work with anything, right? Say... I wanted to have a builder unit build a custom neutral building, (I was having trouble with that before) All you would have to do, is create a new 'Player Owned' building and change the model?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.