I havent made a map b4

U

Unregistered

Never made a map B4

OK..... how do i work the triggers, like instructions maybe?
im tryin to make a LoTR map and i needa know how to make heroes right? umm.... how do i do that???
know a good site or map edit thing that makes the tiles square instead of slanted???
o yah and how do i do the triggers :(
i want to be able to make a helms deep map like version haldir
or any of those versions yu know
sorry about being a newb at map making (not my fault )
i have STAREDIT X-TRA 2.5
[][][][][][][][][][[][][][]]

Triggers are pretty simple actually, if i can learn them by myself when im 9 years old i think u can figure them out to =/. Just open other maps and see what they did and try and figure out what that trigger does. after u learn some of the basics ull start being able to figure harder trigs out =o

well i've learned the basics kinda, but i dont know how to make the heal beacons or make creatures spawn like in some of the LoTR maps

i have also looked at some of the other maps but i guess im just a slow learner :cool:

Using triggers is a developed skill, the more you use them, the better you use them. anyone who knows about them could write a book 5 inches thick about the diffeent techniques on how to make triggers, but if you have specific questions about them Id be happy to help.
As for making square tilesets, I wouldnt know the first thing about that. I like the editor terrain like it is, I do however use the Platinum Aspect Utility to place things, and make triggers normally unavailable in the editor.

For the square terrain you COULD use ISOM, but that is very lousy. I would use StarForge or StarDraft for easy square terrain. Let me get you a link...

http://teamse.x-boxnight.com/editors.htm

Download Starforge v1.2b
I wouldnt use this to to much because it does mess up your maps some times TT, but it has a good square terrain tool.

cool, ill give it a looksee. what im really looking for is something to change the font colors. Platinum Aspect doesnt have that utility.

to make a heal beacon try this method:

CONDITION
Player# brings at least 1 men to 'location'
ACTION
Move 1 men for Player at 'location' to 'location'
Modify Unit Hit points: Set to #%
Preserve Trigger

Note: By moving the man off the beacon you have cancelled the effect until the next time the man moves onto the beacon.

I have no idea what help your asking for, ive never played LoTr =/. If u give me details ill answer :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.