Ice Tower

Thumper

Reaction score
I know this is most likely a dumb question, but could someone either display how or send me a link to how to make an ice tower that does damage with its attack, and slows creeps within a certain range. I thought of doing an

a tower attacks
tower is [frost tower]
slow unit for 4 seconds

but I'm not sure if there's an easier way using an ability or buff [still not entirely sure how all those work, as I'm new to all this]

takethat

Reaction score
just give frost breath to the tower, edit the ability abit to make it more suitable for a tower.

if you want to make every enemy unit within range slow, give it an speed aura with negative value.

Thumper

Reaction score
so the breath of frost will hit something and slow it along with those in the area of affect. I just need to copy the ability and edit its affect?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
yea... and just give the tower the newly edited ability!

millz-

Reaction score
It's not breath of frost, it's freezing breath, under Undead -> Units. Make a custom ability based on that, and change the targets allowed (remove structure) etc. Play around with it, that ability is passive.

jig7c

Reaction score
its automatic! no need to make it auto-cast...
its like endurance aura, or critical strike, it's there, ready, active!

jig7c

Reaction score
it is freezing breath... the same ability sapphiron's have... (the undead dragon)
breath of frost is like breath of fire... useless in your situation!

Thumper

Reaction score
yeah, I put it as the default active ability and it refuses to be autocast. It doesn't even show. I disabled both attacks and it won't do anything when placed on the maze... :banghead:

jig7c

Reaction score
you have to put the ability in

Abilities - Normal

it doesn't go in default ability!

and it doesn't auto-cast, its always on... you can't turn off freezing breath, it will always be on
and you have to enable atleast 1 attack so when the unit does get attacked, it'll apply the slow to that unit!

takethat

Reaction score
oh my bad, i only remember is ("soemthing" breath), i tot is frost but is actually freezing...

Thumper

Reaction score
It will freeze the unit, not slow it. I got it to work, but it doesn't really... slow. It just freezes it in place with a huge ice block. Plus, its not splash, its one single target. Two crucial parts of what I want. Any ideas? I'm sorry I'm so new at this. Just started my TD a week and a half ago..

takethat

Reaction score
when a frost wvym atks a unit, that unit and surrounding unit get slow effect. check the ability of the frost wvym and try it.

Thumper

Reaction score
there's freezing breath and frost breath. I will investigate both.

Edit: I used Frost Breath and it worked perfectly. Thank you all for your help!!!

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah Freezing Breath is the one that freezes buildings when they are attacked. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.