<<<[ Icon Contest Thread ]>>>

L

lascha

Oh yes, I happen to have a brother that is following PS tutorials. I showed him my icons as well as the others. My brother noticed that Jo_O's icons wern't original..
Jo_O has most likely copied images, compare his 4th and 5th icons with this page http://www.tutorialwiz.com/exploding_planet2/
The rules state that the icons must be 100% original, unlike these. Anyways, I think it is safe to assume that all other submissions from Jo_O are copied as well.

@Jo_O sorry ^^ but it's like... I was showing my brother my icons.. then I showed yours to him, to let him see how nice the icons were.. but then he just noticed it wasn't original.. (I didn't believe him in the beginning, until he showed me the site.. was comparing them.. exactly the same.. 100%..) And I can't stand things not done by the rules :D

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Yes, Pwnages, you can.

lascha, thanks for pointing this out. And, also, thanks for the site with the tutorials :D . Very useful, indeed.

Jo_O, I don't know if you read the rules, so, for now, please remove the 2 icons. If the others are "made" in that way, too, please remove them. You are just warned, for now.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Thought here is going on serious competition, read all posts and their meaning is zero. So don' t even bother to read them except 1st post with rules. Many people made their icons with 10 mins to 1 h, you who read this and think: " Oh man they are so good, I will never get change to compete with them." Don' t think so join in ! I thought same before I read posts and realized even I can beat them ! :p All you need to do is:
1) Open Paint ( Available with Windows OS greater than 3.1)
2) Download this pre-made icon template with boarders and correct 64x64 pixel size ( Made by Andrewgosu).
icon.gif

3) Open it with Paint and draw/ edit that icon how you like, but boarders must stay.
4) Save your creation as .gif and your done, repeat that 4 times ( pass second step) and post your icon pack to this thread .
For more info visit first post with rules and don' t forget to sign up like I do I think. To show you all my superior art skills I made this:

:eek: boarders went still missing, but I' m advanceing.

L

lascha

Whitesock said:
Ah you got me there. I have no common sense! :D

I'll teach you something about aliens, common sense.. :)

---

It's 2:46 am. The sun is shining on one side of the world as the other is in hands of the darkness. From high in the dark sky, lights appear. The lights were very strange, people were staring at them and others were ignoring it. NASA got alarmed withing one hour after the human eye has sighted the flying object with red, yes red, lights. As NASA called the President of the United States of America, they sent F-16's to scout the flying object. The United Nations heared about this news aswell. They ordered the NASA scouts to retreat, after a 10 minutes negotiation, they did. It's 2:56 am now, need to pee, brb. Ok, back. The satellites were following the UFO, it seemed like the UFO was about to land. The United Nations and NASA had a radio team that tried contacting them, without succes. Then the largest part of the United Nations agreed that they had to scout the UFO anyway. The UFO landed 100 miles away from a town in Canada. The Canadian Police went out there to check out what it was, the UN hasn't told anyone, except the presidents and NASA about the UFO, so the police didn't know what else to do than check it out. Even civilians that lived nearby went to the UFO to check it out. As the red lights from the UFO faded, a door opened. The UFO, surrounded by many, many civilians and the police, started turning the red lights on and off and on and off and on and off. People were wondering what that was, a joke prehaps? The police called the headquarters, which called the UN, which was already aware of the situation.
The doors of the UFO are open for like 20 minutes now, got in or came out. As the scouts arrived, they landed nearby. Military men came out of the F-16's loaded with machine guns and grenades, but that's not all.. 5 Transport helicopters arrived too, containing 20 military men per chopper. They wen't normal military men, no.. they were elite trained super soldiers used to solve government affairs. 5 of them were trying to evacuate the area, however, the people wanted to stay and the police wanted to see each mens proove that they were soldiers. The rest of the military men was on their way to go inside. As they neared the opened door, a naked "thing" appeared to show himself. Everyone was stunned for a while. Then the crowd started talking about what it could "be". Silence turned into noise, noise turned into chaos. The unhuman "thing" walked out the UFO and said: "We come in peace." The crowd got silent again. No one replied to the "thing". "We come in peace", he said again. "We come in peace". "We come in peace". "Do not fire, we are your friends". As everyone smiled, the military men went near the "thing". More "things" came out of the UFO. As the military men got closer and closer to the "things" the "things" opened fire with their laser weapons and shot everyone, the lasers had splash damage with instant kill.
"BZZzzz" "BZzz" the lasers said. The crowd was like: "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".
The "things" killed everyone and went back into space.

Okay.. common sense... never trust aliens.. they LIE! there was also a movie in which they lied.. those filty.. THINGS!.. DONT TRUST THEm = common sense.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
OMG, dude, what's with this story in an icon contest?! :nuts: :p

Anyway, Sooda, if you want to compete, just tell me.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
I'm sorry about my icons being the same, I actually used the same tutorial to make mine. But I'll delete them if that's not allowed...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.