[IDEA NEED] Way to earn gold for vampire, in vampirism-like map

Sicknedly

Reaction score
Sup.
Im creating a vampirism-like map, but there is a problem.
as you know, in vampirism, if vampire is noob-or just humans are very pro and just build with wall and such, vampire cant buy items -> cant kill humans.

I have get few ideas in my mind, such as giving income. but income will come from nothing, which is stupid.
another idea is giving urn-like income, you need to buy a certain item for income. however, in that way, you need to wait 1 minute for a just small amount gold. I cant give big amounts, then it will be too easy. but if I give normal amounts, he cant buy items with that.
another idea is spawning monsters againist him, where he will need to do effort, and earn as much as he kill, not like GIVE but like actually EARNING it. which looks like best idea so far.
another idea is doing it like troll vs elves, where troll have "pillage" skill, which makes him earn as much as he hit.

anyway, what I want is an idea. What to do to give this vampire kinda income if he cant kill anyone, without giving so much money and giving as much as he CAN earn

edit: of course, he will get money from kills too. unlikely troll vs elves, likely vampirism and farmervshunter

djb4cc1o94

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
That map is crap.And people will flame you for being copying that crap.Even if it is not a copied map they will flame you coz they love that stupid map...
Anyways i hope u can make a better one,just create shops or add some spellbook with some summoned units wich can get in bases and attack them idk use ur imagination ;)

Sicknedly

Reaction score
That map is crap.And people will flame you for being copying that crap.Even if it is not a copied map they will flame you coz they love that stupid map...
Anyways i hope u can make a better one,just create shops or add some spellbook with some summoned units wich can get in bases and attack them idk use ur imagination ;)
the problem here wasnt skills, but way to *earn* money for vampire, not killing.

also, vampirism speed, and troll/elves may be crap, maybe even fire if you consider lack of items about vampire, but farmer vs hunter is just good.
im not trying to copy vamp-fire(thats why im recreating terrain instead of unlocking map), im trying to create a successor.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
This place doesn't support deprotection in the first place. We don't expect you to be doing anything else.

Sicknedly

Reaction score
This place doesn't support deprotection in the first place. We don't expect you to be doing anything else.
Im not talking about deprotecting here, so is dota stolen version of AoS ? no. just style is same.
just like this, I dont know where did you get deprotection idea. I was just saying im creating different terrain instead of stoling existing one.

anyway, i dont need idea anymore, thread can be deleted. thanks for nothing :D

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
this is one of the bigger issues in maps like this, how to balance both sides when there are so few on one and so many on the other, i would make it impossible, or hard to deny buildings ie: making the vamp have less health and higher damage and making the humans have higher health and less damage, this way the damage - health opposition ratios are the same but it gets much harder for humans to kill their own structures, and it gets easier for vamps to kill their minions to get control, just a good balancing tool all around... also you could make ways where experienced players would be able to get more gold

ie: some kind of human slave farm that provides an income and can be upgraded to provide more

Sicknedly

Reaction score
this is one of the bigger issues in maps like this, how to balance both sides when there are so few on one and so many on the other, i would make it impossible, or hard to deny buildings ie: making the vamp have less health and higher damage and making the humans have higher health and less damage, this way the damage - health opposition ratios are the same but it gets much harder for humans to kill their own structures, and it gets easier for vamps to kill their minions to get control, just a good balancing tool all around... also you could make ways where experienced players would be able to get more gold

ie: some kind of human slave farm that provides an income and can be upgraded to provide more

about humans, Im actually creating 3 type(for now, more than 3 will consume way too much time.) with different gold-earning ways and such. yet, every gold earning way(slave-worker-plant etc.) have/require unit that can be killed via chain lighting.(or similiar skill/item)

there was some good balancing technique in vamp fire, of course, I cant say its well executed. yet, idea itself is good.
what I am talking about is, humans need 15 minute to start building "good" walls, because they dont have gold. problem with this is, having no gold is stupid, you have to give players a way. that is solved by making vampires kills drop gold by little chance, which gives humans slayers a chance to get gold. problem with that is, worker units drop gold when they get killed by chain lightning. in this version im creating, only melee kills drop gold, with more chance. yet, humans need gold way more in this version also humans can start "making" gold at 10 th minute(from vampires spawn)
anyway, back on why giving them no chance to better wall is a good idea, they had to hide. and actual game start at 15 th min.

so long story short, I had an arena with monsters that spawn every minute, gives little gold. but then I realized creating monsters that vampire can >easily< kill for money, is nothing more than stupid way of incoming. then I also realized spawning monsters that vampire cannot kill, is even more stupid.

so anyway, in the end, current way is:
vampire gets money by killing workers via chain lightning, killing slayers. there is also pillage-like ways that make vampire earn money when he attacks(very low ratios, yet, small income)

walls also have much less hp, you cant survive without having towers.
oh, I realized I didnt answer your actual idea. anyway, about destroying buildings, it wont be possible in this version, but you can still destroy some types of workers.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could go the vamp beast way, use claws of pillaging, in other words claws that every few attacks give gold to the vampires with a small chance to give bonus gold, this way the more tankiness and attackspeed they have the more gold they can get, giving better vampires the edge once they realize this

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.