Ideas for a Soul Pack

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I've noticed that nobody makes unique spell packs anymore, so I'm creating one based on souls. Its MUI-GUI, so even the people who don't know much can use it. The first spell is called sense of the souls, and its the whole souls-system.

Sense of the Souls
Being as friendly as the Soul-Keeper is, Souls are attracted to him. Whenever a unit dies within range of the Soul-Keeper, it will float around him, ready to be sacrificed to his need.

Level 1 - Maximum of 15 Souls
Level 2 - Maximum of 20 Souls
Level 3 - Maximum of 25 Souls
Level 4 - Maximum of 30 Souls

And Second, Send Soul, Which is basically just sending one of the souls that you have to the target to deal damage.

Now my question to you. I need some more spells, and I have some more in mind, like a soul hook, soul harvesting, etc. But I need some more ideas, as complex as you want, just using souls. Note to you guys, the souls actually fly around the caster when they are "harvested" from the corpses, Sense of the Souls is a passive ability, Both abilities work.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Really neat idea what you're trying to do :D ... well i think i have an idea... a spell that costs 5 souls and basically sends them to a point where they create a portal (visible only to the caster) and the hero than gains an ability to teleport back to that portal at any time (it sounds good for a AoS map or PvP...)
Another idea would be a soul nova Which basically sends the current souls in random directions from the caster and so damage anyone they touch after reaching a limit range (after reaching it they should vanish... or if it is like an ultimate they should return back and remain around the Soul-Keeper)

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Really neat idea what you're trying to do :D ... well i think i have an idea... a spell that costs 5 souls and basically sends them to a point where they create a portal (visible only to the caster) and the hero than gains an ability to teleport back to that portal at any time (it sounds good for a AoS map or PvP...)
Another idea would be a soul nova Which basically sends the current souls in random directions from the caster and so damage anyone they touch after reaching a limit range (after reaching it they should vanish... or if it is like an ultimate they should return back and remain around the Soul-Keeper)

I like the soul nova, an idea would be if they hit something, they explode dealing damage, and the ones that don't return.

educator

Reaction score
corruption- uses x amount of souls to posses a low level unit (charm, but uses souls, basically)
Soul Sentinel- places an invisible soul at a target point to observe the area for a duration

johnnymra

Reaction score
nice ideas came from educator :D the corruption one could be an proportional spell... when the unit has a bigger level there is need for more souls to posses it and when it's low level, few souls (example level 1 > 2 souls, level 2 > 4 souls, etc)
And about the sentinel i wanted to ask... should it return to the caster after the duration is over? i mean after all just sitting somewhere on the map doesn't consume the souls power (unless that power comes from the soul-keeper :D)

educator

Reaction score
not sure about soul sentinel now, maybe would be better with a locust ability, a soul cost and call it soul scouts, increase the area of effect and since ur as good as you are, u could probably trigger the whole ability. the ability would be used as a tactical ability to scout out the map.
also im thinking "Haunt" allows the caster to "haunt" a tree or destructable, when an enemy comes close the soul(s) haunting the object attack the enemy.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
I like the haunt, and maybe I could add a passive ability, whereas when the caster attacks, it uses two souls and they go and attack two random targets, (Like a bounce attack)

massive

Reaction score
Soul Charge
Uses all the souls the caster has to increase caster's stats for x seconds
Soul Minion
Uses a soul to create a soul minion

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
What'd be cool is if the souls FORMED the minion, like made the shape, then they were destroyed and the minion appeared.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.