Ideas Wanted

M

Marksman

Ok, new hero idea. This hero is very cool, hes a spell spammer, excellent at dealing damage in short quick spurts. Some of you may think hes based on the Tauren Earthcaster or whatever from dota, but hes actually based on mtg.

because i don't know anything about the hp totals and damage dealt in this game, ill use a damage scale, 1 being a weak hit for 50 or so damage, 10 being a massive finger of pain type move.

Earthshaker - model spirit beast range:melee

Abilities:
Tremor- this is a multifunctional move, because you said the game wasn't all about fighting. A warstomp type move, it stuns enemies for a second or 2 and deals damage of scale 1. It also breaks nearby rocks, and forces enemy burrowed heros in the AOE to unburrow. As levels are put in Tremor, the AOE grows larger. Since it's an underground themed area, I imagine there will be multiple heros with burrow, making this ability useful in that aspect. Very important to make cooldown at least 15 seconds (you'll see in a moment)

Glacial Ray- shoots a blast of damage at an enemy, dealing damage of scale 5. Damage is a little lower than most targetted damage spells (usually 6 on my scale). Mana cost is average for blasting spells, cooldown is set at 60 seconds. But, the trademark of this move is, whenever Earthshaker casts an ability other than Glacial Ray, the cooldown is instantly removed from it. So you must cast another spell to use the ray again.

Hanabi Blast- Shoots a blast of fire onto a target AOE (maybe based on rain of fire, or flame strike, or whatever). AOE should be around 250-300. Deals damage of scale 4. Mana cost a little lower than Glacial Ray. Heres what makes this move interesting. There is a 33% chance that this move will have a 90 second cooldown, and a 66% chance that it will have a 3 second cooldown after you use it. I had a complicated idea on how to make that work, still thinking bout it though...

Ultimate- Earthshake- passive
Whenever the Earthshaker casts a spell, it deals damage of scale 2 to all enemy units. Animation should have the screen shake for just a moment.

As you can see, this hero is very mana hungry. With enough mana, you can just keep blasting. Hanabi blast is utterly imbalanced...until you hit the 90 second cooldown which makes it useless for a long time. Glacial ray would be the key move, blasting units with it b4 you tremor, and going, ray, hanabi, ray, hanabi, ray, tremor, ray, etc. All the while the ultimate wears down on enemies. If tremor had a low cooldown..then you could ray, stun, ray stun until they die. I just like him cause he peppers the enemy with spells that don't have cooldowns, and slowly eats at their health.

Cres

Reaction score
make lava/mub that flows around in tunnels and certain units who can "collapse" small tunnels restricting the flows of lava to your advantage yes, this requires a ____ of triggers and really isnt practical but i would be cool if your about to break in the mid lane and all of a sudden a wave of lava comes and kills the enemy creeps and blows away the enemy heros. But of course they have to be against main lanes like this i guess...
------=lava
____main lane
........small lane
O=place where collapse would b good for --->team
ok this wont work sry (edit)
. O------------_______________
.________._.______l
. .
this is a simple 1 possibility thing where the lava is evenly spread so its passible and if the ----> team is getting owned they collapse at O so it make the other overflow therefore cutting off reinforcements for a time until the lava can over come the debris.

Trigger for this i have no idea something like
Event-Destructible created
Condition-destructible created equal to what ever you want the cave in to be rock chunks?
Condition-is at region x
Action-create "lava" or something at region y (deals lots of dmg 2 creeps and sweeps away heros)
wait x seconds
destory all "lava" at location y
remove all rock chunks at location x
wait x seconds (so they cant continually collapse it)
this is just a guess no idea how it really works

ooo and i have an ability u could put of some random guy called
goblin math-the hero tells the goblins that are attacking his base/lane that he has more guys saying something like 10(his team)>90 and the goblins, stupid as they are, will believe him and join the hero's side
lvl 1-15% chance 250 AOE
lvl 2-25% chance 300 AOE
lvl 3-40% chance 350 AOE
lvl 4-55% chance 400 AOE
lvl 5-70% chance 450 AOE
lvl 6-85% chance 500 AOE
you can change the numbers just general idea

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hehe, thats quite a lot of information for me to work with :D I just hope I can trigger it though, this being my 'first' map. It took me a while to get a frost trap working for one side :D It is really funny though, if you step on a button then the entrance to the base will suddenly blaze with fire and deal heavy damage to all units there :). Iv decided that the final segment of map will be accesibly ONLY by heros :D And I plan to have a TON of traps and defenses there to make it more 'interesting' :p

I will have to make an unlockable outtakes cinematic sequence on this map, the first time I tried to make the frost trap it killed the person stepping on the button and the flame appeared ... somewhere else ... lol ... great ideas guys! I am going to be using most of them :)

Btw ill take any ideas on traps, unit types, and base defenses and layout :)

-later- grrrr not letting me into wc3sear.ch , I just found a ton of good goblin models too ... I even successfully imported them on my first try : /

-more later- argh the models I have are acting funny ---- some are showing up and some arent ---- hmmm

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Ok I think I have the teams down. One will be a group of angry goblin miners and workers seeking revenge, against of course the high end technologically superior master goblins and scientists :) Ill have a city lane, a volcano lane, a sewer lane, possibly a mining lane; any suggestions are welcome once again.

M

master krell

Cool

Well... maybe you should base it on like stories youve seen.......... Im making one at the moment but its not too good I dont want to say what it is till i finish it so no one takes my idea... hope ive helped

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
If you mean base it off of books and movies and whatnot --- yes you ahve helped but most things like that show goblins as vicous killers --- ex. LOTR , The Hobbit, goblins are killers. Here is a quote from the Goblin King himself. " Throw them into pits full of snakes and never let them see life again!". I percieve goblins as misunderstood, abused creatures whose intellect far surpasses that of the other races. Maybe I can do a poll to see which team wins my map the most, then ill release a sequel where the winning team battles the humans and other races in a desperate attempt to gain world dominance LOL :D Btw I have this goblin miner he looks sooooo funny lol --- if I can get it imported correctly, wait until you see the sheep processor :D :D :D :D :D

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Stupid screenshot ... lets see if I can get it on ... nope can't ... well anyways heres a poll for the goblin worker base, id like to see what you guys would like for their base design and theme (they are the poor, mistreated workers lol)

Volcano based base - their base would consist of multiple platforms raised over lava, with bridges connecting them.

Mining Tunnels - a labyrinth like network of tunnels, through which mine carts could run, hurting units that they hit, and a large central cavern

Mining Pit - a large mining pit, with elevators taking you up and down

Underground River - an island in an underground river; bridges, elevators, etc. would connect this to the main part of the map

Mining Cavern - a large cave, which was altered to suit the warfare needs of the worker goblins

Iv already made my vote, but id like to see what other people would like to include before making a final descion, if you have something else you would like to see, go ahead and mention it :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Nice new status under your name there! ;) Fits you perfectly.

Actually, I like the last one (Mining Caraven, or something) the most. Goblins (as I know them) are underground, mischevious little guys who repopulate at an amazing rate and are very VERY sneaking, crafty, and dangerous (in groups) so you'd have to add a lot of trap holes and other types of traps in general. I think the last choice has the most potential for this. However, WC does Goblins a bit differently, making them more technological, so people may vote differently.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Hehe ya lol (maybe you should go edit your answer in the game question ;) )

You should have seen my first base for them ... it was Incredible; it had a multilevel stair, a spike trap, a frost trap, a fortress in the center only approachable by heros, a generator system you had to kill to get to the very last part, a pair of cool looking waterfalls, anda moat :D But it simply wasnt practical :( it extended almost halfway into the map, and the other base would e puny and pathetic compared to it --- so I had to rescale it to something less spectacular, but still functional (and about half the size!).

As for the technological goblins ---

There are the poor, oppressed worker goblins, who labor in the mines all day and toil in the factories, living as near slaves in poverty. They know a lot about mining, explosives, etc. though. The 'High Goblins' are the rich ones; they OWN the factories, and are very smart in the technologocial sense (working on their teleporter system now LOLOL); they keep their best goods under the surface world, away from those living at sea level. Both types of goblins are very crafty and smart people; I plan to include a lot of traps as well :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
What do you mean by edit my answer in the game question? :p

Well, my first introduction to most of Warcraft's type of monsters was DnD (Dungeons 'n' Dragons). So I typically revert to that in these cases. However, Warcraft, like I said, put a different spin on them. They rival Gnomes in inventivity, where in DnD, Dwarves were the only real race to do that. So sometimes I find myself conflicted between which image to use, and I try to fall back on whatever game is in question. In this case, it's WC, so you might want to stick more to the inventive slaves.

M

Marksman

I like mining tunnels, cause the enemie would get so confused. There is already a volcano lane, so its a bit redundant. Mine carts smashing into stuff never gets old (even though its a common theme). My 2nd vote would be Underground River (theres a very cool looking goblin area in the orc bonus campaign (with rexxar the beastmaster) which is an underground river, check that out (mission the goblin sappers give you).

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Yes, I thought the volcano lane might get a bit redundant. Come to think of it, the mining tunnels one would probably be too, because that might be the objective in the mining lane.

@ alexander: check back in the 'ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer' thread lol its the one where you asked whether your answer was bannable material or not :D

Dam screenshots, I just CANT GET THEM ON HERE -_- lol ill post a link in a second.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I did, wow, that question is OLD!

If you really want screenshots, do what I do:
Print Screen button
Open Paint, and save it as a JPEG.
Go to www.photobucket.com and upload it.
Copy and paste the link onto your post! :D

Seems easier that way! :p

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Dont have paint at least not that im aware of *boos in backround, dodges rotten tomatoes* yes I DID do prnt scrn (I didnt even know where my screenshots were lol aceheart had to tell me the exact location as to where it was :eek: :( lol im not 'computer smart' lol but then the sizes are between 1.17 mb and 1.51 mb lol! I DO have an paint program, but it cant open - whatever format file that screenshots are saved in lol it says I need photoshop which I obviously DONT have :( but I might be soon :D so anyway thanks alexander

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.