Ideas Wanted

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Im working on a new map now, it is going to be an AOS style underground map, except that the teams are made of goblins instead of humans or undead or whatever :D. As soon as I figure out how the heck im supposed to get a 1.17 megabite screenshot into this thread, Ill do so, but until then id like any ideas you have for heros, abilities, items, etc! :D :)

Note that any abilities, items, whatever must at the least loosely tie in with the whole underground, waring goblin clan theme. :D

Note (again) that I will give credit to anyones idea that I use.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
hmm for a goblin tunneler/sapper or sumthin u could have 'Lay Dynamite' which would lay a charge at the target and could be remotely detonated or timed. Damage and cooldown increase with levels.

cant think of anything else right now, but ill edit this post when i think of somthing.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
:D Good idea Mortus . . . I could even edit that into the AI script and have computer generated sappers running amok laying explosives :).

BrokenX

Reaction score
I got an idea for a hero name, "Drill Sargent". I might have other ideas later

BrokenX

M

Marksman

hmmm, well shadowyfear, you could always use my mad bomber from conans thread, id say it fits in with the theme really nicely!! (just kidding actually). As far as goblins go, I can't get away from things that end up like Goblin Techies in DotA. I suppose it would be good to have a unit that burrows underground, because your under the earth. Also, it would be cool to make the map really unique from most maps, maybe have sections of winding tunnels (maze-like) and several large caverns for fighting. Ooooh, and you could make it so the object of the creep waves is to kill support beams, thus collapsing the tunnel on you base. And to make it interesting, as each support beam on your side falls it blocks of certain tunnels. The support beams would be guarded, but they would be away from you base, so heros might have to travel into their own territory to help defend a weakening outpost. Anyway I may have hero ideas for you later.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
u can have an attack called drill kinda like burrow... they drill in the ground then come up from the ground and attack a unit :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I didn't look through the thread, just the last post, which sort of clicked another idea in my head: Why not make an ability that allows you to burrow, and then walk underground, very slowly? You could make it require air, or something, and after a time, the unit begins to lose life steadily until it comes back up...Something like that to balance it.

Just a thought. :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Great ideas all of you! I especially like the underground drilling ideas and support beams. :D Im already trying to implement a 'mining' section, which would be seperated from the rest of the map, yet still with limied accesiblity so you can see it. You wouldnt actually get gold though, youd simply destroy rock chunks and unlock secret items and such. The point there would be to sabotage your opponents mining machine; you could each have your own, with different areas, and if you mined far enough back, you could unlock secret units, items, and 'uber' units, like The Robo Decimator, or whatever :). Im not completely sure about this part yet.

@marksman: I will almost DEFINITELY be using you rmad bomber :D just change him a little bit and he actually would fit quite nicely. Not sure about the missle arc; the missle would probably hit the ceiling, and then CCCCCRRRRRRRRRUUUSSHH! The whole cavern would collapse! Hey, that gives me an idea . . . I was actually going to have one HUGE cavern for the main fighting (the stroyline would be that two waring goblin clans split in half, each taking half the old city and destroying most of it in the process) a couple smaller ones for skirmishes, and a TON of tunnels, some flooded (by more than just water ;) ) and some collapsed or blocked with rock chunks. Anyways, keep the ideas coming guys :D

M

Marksman

hmmm, so you want to use the bomber eh? He is not friendly to the map in his given state, so I've come up with a fix. I think he is more balanced, and some of the problems of the old version have been fixed.

Mad Bomber - model: Mortar Team
Attack 1: Bomber launches a bomb shell (mortar team attack) dealing high damage with a high arc into the air, very slowly, homing not enabled (will have to make arc like .45 or something. It would have an A.O.E. damage, of about 150. It would be slow enough to dodge, which makes it interesting because your enemies will have to pay attention. Range is 1000. DOES NOT DAMAGE BUILDINGS (for reasons that were not so obvious to me during creation :p )

Abilities-Nitro Tank - passive
With each level, the damage and AOE of bombers first attack would increase slightly. Would not work with 2nd attack

Stun Grenade
Throws a grenade at an AOE, stunning enemies. Each level the stun time would increase, and possibly cooldown and mana cost would decrease. Deals no damage.

Wind Cutter Launcher- required level 5
When used, Mad Bomber switches to his second attack(disabling first attack), which will be explained shortly. Each level into this will make the switch cost less mana and take less time (cast time should start at like 8 seconds). This is the main fix. So that you don't miss on every attack against pros, mad bombers 2nd attack is extremely fast and homing. It deals low damage, sort of peppering enemy with small missles.

Attack 2- Shoots a missle (tinkers cluster missles) at the enemy, with low attack cooldown, and low damage. Homing is enabled, and does not deal AOE damage. Speed is faster than attack 1, closer to average. Range: 650 CAN hit buildings.

Ultimate- Rain of Bombs
Mad Bomber attacks extremely fast for a short time, creating a "rain" of bombs. Attacks 400% faster, works for either attack.
Lvl 1: lasts 3 seconds average-higher cooldown
Lvl 2: lasts 4 seconds average cooldown
Lvl 3: lasts 5 seconds average to lower cooldown

I think the bomber is sufficiently fixed, and perhaps a bit cooler.

Anyway, i don't know if this would interest you, but check out the game Water Wars. It's just a standard AOS, but its water themed (duh). Looks basic, but each character has submerge, and if you hit submerge...whoa. You sink down to another layer, this time under the ocean, where more creep waves are coming. Heros can move up and down at will. It seems good for underground theme, but its probably a triggering nightmare (and the noobs will get lost, lol)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Update

All right, I have most of the terrain and doodads for the east goblin base, and as soon as I can get a smaller screenshot ill post it. The terrain looks really good, but I still ned to fill it in. Any ideas on the various shops, spawn points, and base defenses/ traps would be great ( I have footswitch operated traps and defenses within the city :D I just finished making a frost trap and it looks great :) Does 500 damage too :p )

Oh, and for hero ideas, it doesnt really matter if the goblins are underground. They could come from outside sources too, and because they are such an advanced race, advanced technology is ok! ( goblaser, goblin hydrogen bombs, whatever :) )

@ marksman: I like your mad bomber fix, ill be using something quite similiar to that, if not exact, and you will definitely get credit :)
And yes, I have played water wars. The hero creation system ALONE must take forever; I dont really want to contemplate the underwater lane, lol. Im not sure if it would work that well with my map space wise though :C It is a pretty cool feature, but what would I do with another lane? Deeper unerground? Flooded? Above ground? Inside an erupting volcanic lava flow ? :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
You forgot the most important Hero of them all, the Goblin Mole!

Model could be Goblin Tinker (animation alternate; so he's a gigantic robot) or a siege tank of sort.

Burrow -- Goblin Mole digs underneath the ground (into a unit with a dirt/dust doodad/ability graphic for model) and gains armor while losing some of his attack. When in the ground, there is an Emerge ability which uses the impale graphic to drill through the ground and punch nearby enemies into the air, and the Goblin Mole is back on the ground.

Undermine -- Goblin Mole launches a whole bunch of little rolling barrels (whatever you can manage, but barrel projectile would be pretty cool with a stampede graphic) out of his machine and onto the field, launching dirt and rubble into the air...and goblins aside.

Buried Treasure -- As the Goblin Mole moves across the ground, there's an x% (really, really small percentage that barely moves through the leveling) chance of digging up y gold (number increases per level). Not enough to make the Goblin Mole just sit around and patrol to get gold, but enough to make it a worthy ability :)

Survival Instinct -- When Goblin Mole dies, he is replaced with an x hp Goblin Pilot (model goblin tinker, obviously) who has to run for his life back to the base. This ability comes with a price. While the Goblin Pilot can turn back into the Goblin Mole once at the fountain of life or whatever your healing depot is, he will use exp if he doesn't survive the trip back. Better than just dying though, because that counts against your team and helps out the other team.

Oh, and I think your lane should be inside a volcano.

M

Marksman

As far as burrowing themed heros go, check out the Sand King in dota. Not only does he have entrench (a stationary burrow, deals damage and stuns when he comes out), but he has burrowstrike ( a very cool move, similar to Rinpuns last post, he burrows underground, tunnels forward making an impale animation on screen over his head, and climbs back out at targetted point) also. I like the buried treasure ability, fits in with mining theme.

Also, for a drilling type hero, the Tinkers ultimate ability is the perfect drilling machine model. Perhaps a hero could have a move that sends him into drilling mode, where he cannot attack, but mines prizes much better than regular heros ( you mentioned mining areas earlier)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well the idea is that he starts out in his machine and if the machine dies, he crawls out and runs for his life (physically incompetent).

I've also had another idea for another hero who is better at other things among a very similar theme.

Goblin Miner

Goblin Tinker model, obviously.

Rubble Toss -- Goblin Miner uses his machine arms to pick up rubble and smash it towards an enemy (projectile a boulder...very easy to do). Rubble doesn't explode, but it does shatter, doing area damage.

Goblin Detectomatic -- Goblin Miner's machine can detect Dynamite in the ground (maybe) and disarm it if he has 5 seconds of time on his hands. Goblin Miner can also randomly pick up small chunks of metal which can be sold for a small sum in the goblin marketplace(s).

Tunnel Repair -- Ability perhaps making the Goblin Miner stand out as a useful friend. Perhaps sometimes rock chunks will be totally invulnerable therefore making the situation hopeless for getting through (except with burrow). In that case, the Goblin Miner can fix the many support beams in the lane to the point where the rocks are turned vulnerable and can be cleaned up out of the way.

Dynamite -- Goblin Miner straps some dynamite to the ground. Thirty seconds later...BOOOOOOOM! Nobody should be there, or they'll first take heavy damage, and then they'll be surrounded by rock chunks.

M

Marksman

mining area

ok you mentioned a mining area earlier, where heros can go to search for gold and prizes with out having to fight. Well here's how i see it. There would be a large cavern, 2nd in size only to main cavern area. It would be blocked by gates most of the game time. Every few minutes or so (random intervals would be cool), The game would announce that he mining area is open, and a timer countdown would be on screen. The mining cavern would be filled with rocks, and the only way to break them would be using nearby drilling machines (a vehicle parked nearby, using load and unload for driving it). When broken, rocks would usually reveal small amount of gold, on occasion a tough monster or decent item. And every once in while the screen would shake and more rocks would fall, blocking the players in or damaging them. When the timer runs out, the whole screen shakes madly, and the entrances are blocked off. Everyone still in the mines would die, and the mines would be off limits until the next mining session. This would be the best area for duels and hero battles, no creeps to get in the way, and the rocks add drama and an element of randomness. Also, there should be one drilling machine that is better than the others, like a drilling mech. It would be in the center of the area, and teams would fight for control of it. The vehicles would be neutral passive unless being driven, and wouldn't be allowed to leave the mining area (but they wouldn't die when mine collapses).

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Great ideas guys! Ill probably have to either skin / model my own stuf *shudder* or tint some of the existing unit models, lol. SOrry it took me so long to reply, I saw your ideas yesterday but had to go. And a lane INSIDE a volcano? I already have modified the tileset to include some lava :) maybe I COULD do a lava-lane, although the entry and exit points would likely be fixed, and far enough away from both bases that you couldnt do a lightning rush and pop up in their base and destroy them, lol. And the survival instinct? Sounds a bit like tank wars :D it wouldnt be that hard to do, but enemies would still gain experience from killing the fat weak goblins mechanized combat suit. Ill see what I can do! Maybe for the volcano lane I could make a giant supposedly dormant volcano in the center; you had to kill something lava related around it or control or WHATEVER to gain control of the volcano; then you could send fiery boulders of doom :D :D :D or control the lava flow into enemy units and gain access to a cool item; the Lava Forged Ruby or whatever :p Keep the ideas coming!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
heresa theiving kinda trigger i made on another thread u can use it if you'd like

(no editor in front of me)

level1
action: a unit uses theft
condition: unit being hit with theft equal to man (man = default)
condition: level of ability eqaul to1 (1 = default)
event: give triggering unit a 20% chance to get 8gold (both % and gold are default)

level2
action: a unit uses theft
condition: unit being hit with theft equal to man (man = default)
condition: level of ability eqaul to 2 (2 = default)
event: give triggering unit a 25% chance to get 10gold (both % and gold are default)

give me a few seconds and ill add the pick lock one up to

M

Marksman

oooh, yeahhhhh, thats awesome. Imagine how sweet it would be to direct the flow of lava to cut off enemies, or smash through a wave. Maybe each lane should have a gimmick like this, thats one thing, most AOS lanes are all the same, no special gameplay elements for each area. So you could have a volcano lane, maybe make one of the lanes the mining lane, and.... i dunno, i just like the idea of playing differently depending on where your fighting.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
action: a unit uses pick lock
condition: unit being hit by pick lock eqaul to chest level 1
condition: ability being cast eqaul to level 1
event: give trigger unit a 20% chance to get random item from chest drop list

action: a unit uses pick lock
condition: unit being hit by pick lock eqaul to chest level 1
condition: ability being cast eqaul to level 2
event: give trigger unit a 25% chance to get random item from chest drop list

i have no idea what AoS is but i just like posting my ideas lol

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Thanks bart if I use a theif hero (and why not) then ill be sure to give you credit for that. Btw I already saw in on .... ryokos? .... thread but it is a good idea so ill probably use it :) And ya that was what I was trying to do make each lane unique and have something that could turn the tide of battle --- the center of the map will be the old cental city, plenty of things to do, find, capture, renovate, etc. there because the fighting should hopefully be only in the main part ---- I might make a factory you can renovate that will produce robots or something, lol!
And AoS stands for Aeon of Strife, lol it is basically a kind of map where you choose a hero and then use that hero to drive friendly creep waves forward into enemy bases and destroy your enemies lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.