Im thinking of making a rpg

Is the below idea good?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Landmines! :D

Anyway, I thought we had this talk before. You still can't spell my name?

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
That map would be insanely hard.

And that is not a genre, it is a map. :rolleyes:

[ps] You misspelled his name again, it's azlier, not azilier, or azzlier. :p

I

iNinja

I think it's an amazing idea. I'll be waiting for it!
have you come up with a name yet?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
From the original post, I see absolutely nothing to do with any story, or anything I would look for when playing an RPG. Basically, your game would consist of a save/load code, and a way to choose the main attribute and add stats.

I've seen this before, and so far, nothing really intrigues me to want to play your map over any of the others. It isn't this part of the game that makes a game great, it's the fun-factor, when you're actually out playing the game. Most players will want to skip setup time, and go straight into the action. A complicated system that requires players to learn a whole bunch before even understanding what the game is about won't hold a player's interest long.

Work on story, create something fresh and innovative that players will enjoy experiencing, and expand on the idea. A system is great and all, but the real heart of a game is the time a player spends owning it up. :p

About genres:

Think about what you enjoy when you play a game:
-Killing other players?
-Teaming up?
-Fulfilling an objective?
-Mass killing?

And try to combine it with a fun idea. I took a few of my own favorite ideas, and put them into my game, Forest CTF, since I had not played any fun Capture the Flag games.

Even a minigame can be expanded into a large game - look at how far "arenas" have come.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.