Importing models without .blp files....

Grommo

Reaction score
Hi!
I've been using some custom models for my map, but i've encountered a problem i can't solve... If i download a model without .blp files, just one or two .mdx files, and import them, they won't work! The readme's say that they use already existing .blp's, but how do i assign them? or do i need to?
For example, i downloaded a "Kodobeasttower" model from the hiveworkshop.com and it came only with a portrait.mdx and the normal .mdx. It says it needs these .blp's "Textures\KotoBeast.blp, Textures\gutz.blp, buildings\Other\PigFarm\Hut.blp and Textures\Catapult.blp" and all of those are already in the game... But how do i get it to work? =D

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Uhh, filepath of the model?

EDIT: Remove war3improted/.. If that doesn't work/ you have already done it, then I can't help much..

S

Sunny_D

filepath of models dont have effect. and you dont have to "assign" any of those textures. i guess you forgot to restart the editor after importing the models, yes? ;)

this is a general rule for all imported models btw...

werasd

Reaction score
I remember that if the model uses an existing .blp file, its not needed to put the path in the Import Manager. Just put the .mdx file.

Almost of the .mdx files paths, you have to put "wc3Imported" (I think its that) in the beginning. Like: wc3Imported\Kodobeasttower.mdx

EVERYTIME you import a file to the WE, you MUST restart the map (Save, Close and then Open) - Don't forget that!

Grommo

Reaction score
Oh, i didn't restart the World edtor, thats true. But i didn't restart it when i imported some models that came WITH .blp's... Thats why i was so puzzled. Thanks for the help guys! :D

H

HainZ

i dont get it... im new here so plz help me.
i use Wc3 image exstractor II to make skins from w3 to TGA-files. then i edit it in Adobe Photoshop. what file should i save it like?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.