Inactive resource mods

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I really think that the mods who reviews resources are too inactive. Atleast 15 of my resources never got reviewed, and there's hundreds of pages filled with long-forgotten resources.

I think you should either

A) Encourage the mods to review more resources, or
B) Get new mods.

With new mods I think about people like Flare, Larcenist or Uberplayer (people like those) who are great at JASS, but maybe some others at skins and models. I know that we don't got many people who is good at skinning or modeling here, but still... really.

I post this because it have been bothering me for a long time.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Well, Andrewgosu is fairly active at the moment, and Ace/emjlr3 are somewhat active. Only two who are inactive (to my knowledge) would be Tinki and Amfidamant, even though 3 people would probably be enough :p

Anyway, you (i.e. people in general, not singling you specifically) do have comments from people which will often give you an indication of the quality of the resource, and may very well give the mods an indication as well (since they may have reviewed the resource, and found the exact same issues as someone else, and it would be a bit pointless to re-iterate the exact same points)

With new mods I think about people like Flare, Larcenist or Uberplayer
I thought we were your arch-enemies (or nemesis-es, w/e) based on some thread from GD :p

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
> Well, Andrewgosu is fairly active at the moment, and Ace/emjlr3 are somewhat active. Only two who are inactive (to my knowledge) would be Tinki and Amfidamant, even though 3 people would probably be enough :p

Yeah, but look at sites like www.wc3campaigns.net or www.hiveworkshop.com, the mods review the resources submitted after max 3 days. I mean, we have to wait atleast one month and then it's not even sure that we can get our resources reviewed. That's a shame, because many people release really nice resources.

> Anyway, you (i.e. people in general, not singling you specifically) do have comments from people which will often give you an indication of the quality of the resource, and may very well give the mods an indication as well (since they may have reviewed the resource, and found the exact same issues as someone else, and it would be a bit pointless to re-iterate the exact same points)

Yes, I know that, most of my older resources I never really cared about never got updated, but my newer ones does. My 2 newest resources, a spell (Kamehameha) and a library (FXData) is fully updated, I only need the approval (referring to a PM from Andrewgosu), but it never came, and they are now "forgotten" (not by me, but...)

> I thought we were your arch-enemies (or nemesis-es, w/e) based on some thread from GD :p

1) That was a joke. :D
2) Maybe, but you really are good at JASS. And just because we don't agree much, it doesn't mean you don't qualify as mods.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Yeah, but look at sites like www.wc3campaigns.net or www.hiveworkshop.com, the mods review the resources submitted after max 3 days. I mean, we have to wait atleast one month and then it's not even sure that we can get our resources reviewed. That's a shame, because many people release really nice resources.
Well, those people obviously have more time on their hands - nobody is being paid to moderate the Tutorials & Resources section (or any other section for that matter), so they're not obliged to spend every single minute looking at resources

Yes, I know that, most of my older resources I never really cared about never got updated, but my newer ones does
Maybe it's just a case of you being damned by past experience :p

I only need the approval (referring to a PM from Andrewgosu), but it never came, and they are now "forgotten" (not by me, but...)
Be patient? The world isn't going to end, and if the mods feel it should be approved, they will approve it when they get around to it. I doubt you're going to die if your resource(s) don't get reviewed soon...

And have you thought of bumping the resource(s) you submitted, assuming it's been 24 hours, and everything else? (Many) people aren't going to notice it if it's not on the first page, so it'd be understandable how things could be forgotten

duyen

Reaction score
Well, Andrewgosu is fairly active at the moment, and Ace/emjlr3 are somewhat active. Only two who are inactive (to my knowledge) would be Tinki and Amfidamant, even though 3 people would probably be enough :p

Anyway, you (i.e. people in general, not singling you specifically) do have comments from people which will often give you an indication of the quality of the resource, and may very well give the mods an indication as well (since they may have reviewed the resource, and found the exact same issues as someone else, and it would be a bit pointless to re-iterate the exact same points)

I thought we were your arch-enemies (or nemesis-es, w/e) based on some thread from GD :p

You do know Amfidamant left right?

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
First let me start by saying that the WE zone moderators are doing an excellent job. Whether you know it or not, their quick answers, effective moderation and the determination to keep the WE zone active are truly admirable.

With that, like you, I noticed that sometimes the Resources Section appears to receive less attention. I approached Andrewgosu with that, asking him why is that. He told me that usually he waits two weeks before dumping/approving threads. During those two weeks feedback can be given to the submitter so he could fix the resource. Bugs can be fixed and improvement implemented and a clearer impression of the resource can be formed. After around two weeks a moderator will take another look at the resource and decide to approve it or not.

This is a great system, as it keeps unworthy resources from being approved, and give resources with a potential a chance. If you feel a resource has been forgotten, and wasn't reviewed by a moderator in a few weeks, just bump it and I'll sure it will be noticed.

I hope the matter is clearer now. It is not that the moderators are inactive, rather, they are thorough. :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
In addition to Dr.Jack's post, some of the resources sit there longer than usual,
because they are not ready to be approved and it would be a shame to Graveyard them.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

This is not intended as a comparison really, as I feel I must reply to you, but HiveWorkshop is a site based almost solely on resources, and wc3campaigns, well... it seems they have a bigger staff appointed on this.

Our resources section is not big as both of these sites.

Maybe wc3c's moderators get privileges and/or even more promotions (or demotions) if they are (not) active enough in their respective forums and sections. Whatever, I couldn't care less anyways.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Our resources sections are no match for the Hive. We try to grow them but we just dont have years of being the resource champion behind us (wc3srch). We are almost at a thousand maps in our map database and we have tons of tutorials but we have always been the ask a question and get the answer type of site - where can I find this resource type of thing and a link to it on another site then actually having it. That is what we do. We help when and where we can. We try to get people to give back.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The resources may never be commented on by a mod, but they're looked at. Usually if the resource is getting beaten down by the members there's no point in bumping it as it will only get graveyarded.

Just had to mention, I'm pretty sure Tom Jones is MIA too.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The resources may never be commented on by a mod, but they're looked at. Usually if the resource is getting beaten down by the members there's no point in bumping it as it will only get graveyarded.

Just had to mention, I'm pretty sure Tom Jones is MIA too.

Tom Jones is no longer a Mod

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Last time I checked he was, which was a few weeks ago.
Times change quick. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.