--INSTANT UPGRADES-- Possible in normal StarEdit.

H

HELLSS

I've heard of this before but just recently had it brought to my attention again.

You don't need GUedit or other such programs if you want "instant upgrades". Just follow the below instructions:
  • Open your map in StarEdit.
  • Click on "Scenario" then select "Upgrade Settings..."
  • Find and uncheck the "Use defaults.." checkbox for the upgrade(s) you want to make instant.
  • For the time cost, in both "base" and "factor" enter the numbers 8739.

THAT'S ALL! Easy huh :) For some reason StarEdit changes this to 0, you can see that it does by re-entering the upgrade settings after changing an upgrade, it will now say 0 instead of 8739

Yes but that only works for 1 upgrade. E.g. I type in 8739 for terran infantry weapons upgrades. I save the map and then do the same fo infantry armor. After doing that it resets the infantry weapons to 1 again...

blek

That's why you change the armor, weapons, and anything else all at once without exiting it.... otherwise yes that will happen.

blek

I'll be honest and say that no one cares if you knew. The majority, over 98% of people did'nt know for a long time how to do it with regular StarEdit. So shush if you have nothing better to say blek blek.

blek I said.

:eek: That's it
:rolleyes: I know your mad at me for rating the things but thanks for telling me to read this. I've wanted instant upgrades forever! :D

after experimenting, i found that you can make terran buildings instant, and when you repair them it doesn't do anything and it doesn't take up any recources, but the SCV looks like its repairing. any other building or unit with 0 build time will make the game crash when you try to build it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.