Instantly Move

T

Tubba

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit(),(GetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit()+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(udg_tempPickedUnit()),udg_tempCasterPos)))*0.2)

This gives me "Expected a ' "

Where to put that? >_>

T

Tubba

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit),(GetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit)+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(udg_tempPickedUnit),(udg_tempCasterPos)))*0.2)

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Gives me "Expected end of line". Tried both with and without parenthesis. Any final ideas?

T

Tubba

I didn't write it, the guy a page back did... I only added my variables, and they're all correct.

Should I have parentheses around udg_tempPickedUnit though?

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No, Those are for function, not for Variables.

Post your trigger here.

T

Tubba

Nah, the trigger worked fine with "Move unit instantly to location...", was just thinking I could reduce workload with these.

So, let me get you right, if I extract something from a variable using a function, I should have parentheses around the variable, right? Like in GetUnitLoc(udg_UnitVar)? But not when I reference to the variable.

Code:
Custom script:   call SetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit),(GetUnitX(udg_tempPickedUnit)+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(udg_tempPickedUnitPos),udg_tempCasterPos)))*0.2)

Tried a slight change at the end, still doesn't work... Hmmm...

Somatic

Reaction score
Yes, function(target) is how it is like when using the parentheses.

T

Tubba

I see... What about cases, if you check the last function, I have two targets. Should I parenthese both or only the first?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
not understanding o_o

Code:
Wind Copy
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Archer_Group = (Units of type Archer Goddess)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Archer_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set Archer_Loc = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set Temp_Point6 = (Archer_Loc offset by (Wind_Speed / 20.00) towards Wind_Degree degrees)
                Custom script:   call SetUnitX(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit()+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_Temp_Point6)))*2)
                Custom script:   call SetUnitY(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit()+Sin(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_Temp_Point6)))*(udg_Wind_Speed))
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Archer_Loc)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Point6)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_Archer_Group)

Somatic

Reaction score
Cases? There are no cases in Wc3, only Nested If/else. and for a function with 2 targets, its like this Function(Target1, Target 2) and when declaring the function its like this
JASS:

function Test_Test takes Type1 Name1, Type2 Name2 returns Type

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit()+Cos(

X of "unit + cos"? ...

As for the problem on the last 10 posts here... people, please, just think where and when you put those ( and )... currently, you're just guessing!

T

Tubba

Code:
Custom script:    call SetUnitX(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit()+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),L)))*K)
Custom script:    call SetUnitY(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit()+Sin(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),

I think I should start over.

Let's see. I replace L with the location of wherever I want the unit to be dragged towards, yes? I replace all the GetEnumUnit() with the unit I want to be dragged, yes? I replace K with a real, yes?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
You are calling a number of functions in that custom script. Some functions requires input to work, others don't.

When calling a function the syntax is always functionName(inputVariable1, inputVariable2, inputVariable3). Examples: GetUnitX(whichUnit) or SetUnitX(whichUnit, newX)

functionName() for functions that don't require input. Example: GetEnumUnit()

You are currently feeding GetUnitX with the variable GetEnumUnit()+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),L))

Since that isn't a unit you will get errors.

Try GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())

T

Tubba

Holy crap.

Holy fucking crap.

It worked.

...Not.

Well, kinda.

Check these triggers out.

Code:
castFA
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Super Pull 
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Casting
        Set tempCaster = (Casting unit)
        Set tempCasterPos = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of tempCasterPos) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set tempPickedUnit = (Picked unit)
                Set tempDistanceBetweenPoints = (Distance between tempCasterPos and (Position of (Picked unit)))
        Trigger - Turn on castFA Attract <gen>

=================================================================

castFA Attract
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Repeats = (Repeats + 1)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                tempDistanceBetweenPoints Greater than 100.00
            Then - Actions
                Set tempUnitGroup = (Units within 512.00 of tempCasterPos matching (((Owner of tempCaster) is an enemy of (Owner of (Matching unit))) Equal to True))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in tempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set tempPickedUnit = (Picked unit)
                        Set tempPickedUnitPos = (Position of (Picked unit))
                        Set tempAngleBetweenUnits = (Angle from tempPickedUnitPos to tempCasterPos)
                        Set tempDistanceBetweenPoints = (Distance between tempCasterPos and tempPickedUnitPos)
                        Custom script:   call SetUnitX(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_tempCasterPos)))*2)
                        Custom script:   call SetUnitY(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())+Sin(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_tempCasterPos)))*2)
            Else - Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                Repeats Equal to 750
            Then - Actions
                Set Repeats = 0
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_tempCasterPos)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation( udg_tempPickedUnitPos)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup( udg_tempUnitGroup)
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions

They worked just fine. Until I implemented said custom scripts instead of "Move unit instantly", for the reason to reduce lag.

When I cast the ability, the units nearby just dissappear. Then, the game clogs up. No FATAL ERROR, nothing. It just freezes up. Can't even CTRL+F4 my way out of it.

So yeah. What do you think the reason for this is? I theorize that it has to do with GetEnumUnit (What unit is that, anyway?), but I dunno.

Somatic

Reaction score
GetEnumUnit gets the "Picked unit" From a
Code:
Unit Group - Pick all units from Temp_Unit_Group and do Actions

So unless ur custom script is inside there, else it will not work

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
JASS:
Custom script:   call SetUnitX(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())+2*Cos(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_tempCasterPos))))
Custom script:   call SetUnitY(GetEnumUnit(),(GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())+2*Sin(bj_DEGTORAD*AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),udg_tempCasterPos))))

this should work. (UnitX + 2 * cos(...)) instead of 2 * (UnitX + cos(...))

The game probably froze because you threw a unit outside of the map bounds. I don't know though, since I have never tried what happens when you do that.

T

Tubba

Oh. I had no idea what to try, so I just threw something out. I'll try that, though.

Worked like a charm. The only problem is the units end up on top of the tower. Oh well, another day, another problem to solve. Thanks for all the help, guys.

K

Kerberos

Gah. Note to self: sleepy + code = compiling errors.

Here's a version that I'm very sure has parentheses in the right places.
Code:
Melee Initialization
    Events
        Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set LeakGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in LeakGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Custom script:   call SetUnitX(  GetEnumUnit()  ,  GetUnitX(GetEnumUnit())+Cos(bj_DEGTORAD * AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),[b][u]GetRectCenter(GetPlayableMapRect())[/b][/u]))*2)
                Custom script:   call SetUnitY(  GetEnumUnit()  ,  GetUnitY(GetEnumUnit())+Sin(bj_DEGTORAD * AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit()),[b][u]GetRectCenter(GetPlayableMapRect())[/b][/u]))*2)
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_LeakGroup)

Tested, approved. As before, you replace the bold, underlined stuff with "udg_PointVariableName" or "udg_UnitVariableName", and the "2" at the end of each line controls the speed of the sucking-in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.