Stefanman

Reaction score
if issued with order
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
(((Ordered unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Ordered unit) is A Hero) Equal to False)
(Level of Info (Flying Machine) for (Ordered unit)) Equal to 1
Actions
Set TempUnit[10] = (Ordered unit)
Unit - Kill TempUnit[10]
Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of TempUnit[10]))) for 5.00 seconds the text: Dont move your batt...
Set TempUnit[10] = No unit

everything is ok,BUT , SOMETIMES even when i dont move my units,they are being destroyed (self killed). Why does that happens? My main question is ,is there a way to check if player issued an order,not the unit itself.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You should remove all the order stuff, and and change it to 'a unit starts the effects of an ability', and use ability comparison instead.

Stefanman

Reaction score
ahm,i want my units to die when moved,not when they cast ability.And i am using 'add ability' function for some other reasons,when creeps are spawned,first i give them order,and then i give them ability,it is really smart what i did,but i cannot explain it really.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Your trigger there...smart? ...ehm, no.
You can remove the whole variable there, IF that is the whole trigger. There is no point setting the variable to (ordered unit) when you kill it 0.00 seconds after. Actually never use variable in a trigger like that, IF the variables purpose is to use the Triggering unit. Then you should always use (TRiggering unit) instead....Well, game display text to owner of triggering unit after that kill the Triggering Unit instead...
And put your trigger in a [cod e] tag, not a "qoute"...well, ehm. Last thing, whenever you are using the unit in the event, please use Triggering Unit. Ordered unit is...and not only that, its for readability. The mind works more if it sees "ordered unit" instead of Triggering unit... Why?...Do you even want to know?...no.. :)

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
The trigger should be like this:

Code:
If issued with order
    Events
    Conditions
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to False
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(patrol))
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(move))
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order((attack + ground)))
    Actions
        Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
        Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Dont move your batt...

Exide

Reaction score
The trigger should be like this:

Code:
If issued with order
    Events
    Conditions
            Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: Dont move your batt...

-Doesn't work very well.

I thought this was an ability that you used. That's why I figured you might as well use ability check, not orders.
'(Level of Info (Flying Machine) for (Ordered unit)) Equal to 1'

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
Code:
If issued with order
    Events
    Conditions
        (Level of Info (Flying Machine) for (Triggering Unit)) Equal to 1
            Conditions
    Actions

I think I fixed the Conditions

Stefanman

Reaction score
forgot the things we wrote above,i got something other,is there a way to determine if player issued order or the unit himself.?

Stefanman

Reaction score
if player issued unit order check

Hello.Is there a way to check if player issued unit for event : 'is issued an order' ,cos here is my problem :
I made an event when unit issues order,issued unit is killed (selfkilled)My map is something like linewars,but there are no lives,there is Holy Stone that must be destroyed.Ok,no problems occur until units start to attack Holy Stone,then they start to die sometimes.But that only happens when there are maany units around Holy Stone. Thanks

Exide

Reaction score
Um..
You want a trigger that kills units that attacks a certain unit?

Exide

Reaction score
I don't think that is possible.
Units are issued orders, not players.

What order are you looking for and what are you trying to do?

Stefanman

Reaction score
this will be complicated to explain,but well.... :

In my map,you send creeps from building.They your creeps,not neutral player creeps.When creeps are created,i add them ability (passive unimportant) and then i issue sold unit to move-attack to some point. I have trigger that checks if unit is issued an order , with checking if unit has ability i added after i issued order unit to move-attack.now,everything is ok while creeps are fighting with each other ,but when many creeps begin to attack Holy Stone (enemy base),and not all of them can attack it at a same time,sometimes it comes to a problem,and units die by themselves even when i don't order them to move,attack...

I hope u understood this,the map i was talking about is Holy Stone LineWars
(you can see it in map projects)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.