Island playing (image attached)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright guys,

I found something, this link shows a screenshot I uploaded

http://i.imgur.com/2U1Hl.jpg

A lot of my tiny questions/posts here has something to do with this map that I'm trying to make

If you look carefully, you see a few 'gates' and a few 'key's
The gates can only be opened if you picked up the right key (colors matches)
I got about 25/30 of these levels in my map increasing the niveau by level
Each level contains keys/gates and in later levels even more

I got a lot questions about this but I'm not gonna ask them all
Can somebody just tell me what is the most SIMPLE way to create this?
I can figure it out how I create this but it will cost me over 100 triggers/effects/behaviors/regions/unit groups etc...

I didn't know where to post this so I just created a new thread
Can somebody help me please?

MissKerrigan

Well I would look at using behaviours or upgrades to say when a player has a key. Do you have any idea on how the gates will be opened? Does is happen automatically when your unit gets close? If so are you using the data editor to do it or triggers? Or does the player need to attack/kill the gate to open it? Knowing a bit more about how gates are opened might give me a better idea on how to go about this.

Till now I did the following things:

- a region called 'key follow' which attached to your unit
- any red key which enters region 'key follow' will disappear and adds 1 behavior 'red key' to your unit ( so you can see in the unit which keys you picked up)

- I created another region called 'gate follow' which is also attached to your unit
- any red gate which enters region 'gate follow' will disappear and removes 1 behavior 'red key' from your unit
- I made a condition in the 'gate trigger' that checks if your unit has the behavior 'red key'

- I played a sound effect when the 'keys'/'gates' enters the region

- I created this triggers for all color 'keys' and 'gates' there are

- if your unit gets killed, then you must play the level over (in later levels there will be enemies)
- if you complete the level, then your 'level chooser' (unit) must be able to play the same level

so especially this is the part I'm getting stuck, if the playing unit dies or completes a level, how do I set all things again?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.