Island playing (image attached)

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright guys,

I found something, this link shows a screenshot I uploaded

http://i.imgur.com/2U1Hl.jpg

A lot of my tiny questions/posts here has something to do with this map that I'm trying to make

If you look carefully, you see a few 'gates' and a few 'key's
The gates can only be opened if you picked up the right key (colors matches)
I got about 25/30 of these levels in my map increasing the niveau by level
Each level contains keys/gates and in later levels even more

I got a lot questions about this but I'm not gonna ask them all
Can somebody just tell me what is the most SIMPLE way to create this?
I can figure it out how I create this but it will cost me over 100 triggers/effects/behaviors/regions/unit groups etc...

I didn't know where to post this so I just created a new thread
Can somebody help me please?

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
Well I would look at using behaviours or upgrades to say when a player has a key. Do you have any idea on how the gates will be opened? Does is happen automatically when your unit gets close? If so are you using the data editor to do it or triggers? Or does the player need to attack/kill the gate to open it? Knowing a bit more about how gates are opened might give me a better idea on how to go about this.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Till now I did the following things:

- a region called 'key follow' which attached to your unit
- any red key which enters region 'key follow' will disappear and adds 1 behavior 'red key' to your unit ( so you can see in the unit which keys you picked up)

- I created another region called 'gate follow' which is also attached to your unit
- any red gate which enters region 'gate follow' will disappear and removes 1 behavior 'red key' from your unit
- I made a condition in the 'gate trigger' that checks if your unit has the behavior 'red key'

- I played a sound effect when the 'keys'/'gates' enters the region

- I created this triggers for all color 'keys' and 'gates' there are

- if your unit gets killed, then you must play the level over (in later levels there will be enemies)
- if you complete the level, then your 'level chooser' (unit) must be able to play the same level

so especially this is the part I'm getting stuck, if the playing unit dies or completes a level, how do I set all things again?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.