Issues with hangar ability

Clockwork

Reaction score
Ok I made an ability based off of the Broodlord and Carrier hangar ability but I am having two issues I cannot seem to resolve. My ability launches a single point defense drone (which happens to have a Phoenix Fire ability that fires Hunter seeker missiles, but that is besides the point).

The action button is linked up to the building of the drone which costs 50 energy. In order to get the damn thing to actually fire I gave the unit, in this case a modified marine, a weapon based off of the carriers, which has two effects, a 'persistent' which then links to a 'launch magazine'. Now the only problem is the unit will no longer do his other (normal) attack. I removed the channeling flag from the 'persistent' effect and even tried just having the weapon link to the 'launch magazine' directly since right now I have a 1 only requirement.

Im guessing the issue is the dual weapons, but I dont know how to circumvent that. I guess ideally it would be cool to push the button once to build it and push it a second time to launch, but Im not sure if I can do that.

The other issue is the deployed drone fly around on the ground. I checked the unit and the art height is set to 3.25. I assume it is because the marine is on the ground, but there has to be a way around it.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Did you base your unit on the Interceptor? Also why do you need the broodlord's ability to hurl broodlings? Isn't the Carrier Hangar ability sufficient enough?

Clockwork

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I based my unit off of the interceptor, but then the actor was from the point defense drone. When I didnt have the launch ability and by that I mean the weapon, what would happen was the marine would run around and would just have the drones' attack firing from it. The drone would be made, but never deployed. It was in trouble shooting that problem that I even noticed the carrier weapon to launch in the first place.

From what I gather, and I could be mistaken, the hangar and queue abilities control the building and flight behaviors of the units, but the weapon is what launches them. Im guessing this is because the attack units are not being fired constantly, but only at targets. Also because the attack, at least for the carrier, is technically channeled, so if it begins moving all the interceptors return to the hangar.

Clockwork

Reaction score
Ok so I tried getting away from the launching of the drone via weapon. I made a new ability which called the either called the 'persistent effect' > 'use magazine'. I linked it to a button and put the button in the same spot as the hangar ability which builds the drone. I gave each different requirements for show and use. This works and I have both abilities flip flopping based on drone count.

The drone does not acquire any targets and doesnt attack anything. It basically flys back immeadiately.

I also still have the issue of it being on the ground.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to make? Are you trying to make an ability that spawns a drone that hovers around your unit, and attacks any nearby enemies? Or are you trying to create a replica of the carriers attack but also give the carrier another attack as well?

Clockwork

Reaction score
Yeah the hovering one, sort of.

I now have it so that It starts with a count of 0 drones. You spend 25 energy, this button disappears and is replaced by a button that will launch the drone in the presence of enemies. That ability > gives a buff whose periodic effect results in the drone launching. I also checked AI Notify Flag to 'Hurt Enemy'.

So the drone now moves around and attacks things. I had hoped that giving the buff a duration would cause the drone to return to the marine at the end, but it does not. As long as there are enemies attacking you it will stay out. Im not sure how to correct that yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.