Item, Hero, Ability Ideas.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
i need some ideas for abilities, heroes and items for my castle defense map. if someone can give me some ideas, ill give +rep. please give a thorough description about your ideas.

K

Kastoli

I'm currently developing just a simple hero arena map, ill send you a copy when i finish you might want to use or rework some of the abilities in there. It will be locked and un-editable to stop direct copy pasting though.

Good luck with your map BTW.

WC3_map_fan

Reaction score
CHAIN STORM HAMMER!
you throw the hammer, it damages, it stuns and it rebounds off!!! GREATEST SPELL EVER!!!

i recomend that you do this! and you give it a really custom name like: CHAIN STORM HAMMER!!!!
hope you like the idea..

K

Kastoli

I like them but why mana??

Well if you read page 1, they we're designed as 'death like' spells for a caster hero. Generally casters spam spells, and seeing as it was designed for a hero siege character spamming potions isn't really much of a way to play.
~
I think ill just post my spell ideas here, since my map won't actually be operational for a while if you don't mind; you might get what you want xD.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Of course i dont mind. if you need it, i can help you with some of your ideas!

131ackout

I'm making a hero class for you... I don't have any ideas, but i think these'll help.

Hero Name: Shadow Surker
Ability 1 - Shadow Incepetion
The surker becomes invisible for a limited time. If hit on a enemy unit while the surker is invisible, he will become visible, dealing bonus damage.
Ability 2 - Shadow Possession
The shadow surker goes into a body, taking control over of it. The shadow surker can either escape from his body or kill the soul in a enemy body.
Ability 3 - Shadow Aura Passive
This skill improves the abilities of Shadow Possesion, Shadow Incepetion and Shadow Crystal.
Shadow Possession - Gives an ability that when the surker is in the body, it can explode that damage nearby enemy units in an area and the shadow take 0 damage. Each level increases that ability.
Shadow Incepetion - Increases the bonus damage done by while this ability is in the effect.
Shadow Crystal - Increases the damage done by X.
Ultimate - Shadow Crystal
Calls down a waves of shadow strikes. When hits to a building, it will temporarily stop production, and poisons the units if they are hit.

Hope you like it! ;D

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Abilities:
Reflective Shockwave: Shoots a blast of powerful energy at a target point, damaging everything in its path. The shockwave is then reflected back, dealing damage once again. (basically a shockwave that bounces back once it's finished).

Blind: Blinds the target (turns the hero to neutral passive and orders them to patrol around for a bit of time, gives the effect of being blinded).

Rush of the Fight: After killing a unit, the hero gains a 10 damage bonus for 10 seconds.

Vassilev

Reaction score
Heres a few spells from my defence map which I really am too lazy to finish
: (

1)
Charge (better suited for mounted riders)
Charges at target enemy unit/hero
Adds 65% evasion while charging, unit moves at maximum movement speed, ******, when the caster attacks the charged unit, caster deals X damage, has a % chance to deal bonus damage and stun for a few seconds. the higher the level, higher the percentage and stun.

******: you can have two options
a) Turn caster's collision off (can walk thru units)
b) (this is trigger is much more complex) Knockback and deal damage to the units in the way of the charger.

2)
Stomp (again, better suited for mounted riders)
Just like a normal stomp: stun and deals damage
But has a knockback effect to all units affected. < best used after using Charge

You can name the spells whatever you like :D

Well, I have lots of spells more but I have to sleep, let me know if you need more :)

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Azurot, the Shaman God

Model: Troll Shaman

Primary Attribute: [Intelligence]

Poison Rain

450 AoE
level 1 - 40 damage each unit, and 10 damage every sec for 3 secs. 180mana

level 2 - 55 damage each unit, and 15 damage every sec for 5 secs. 180mana

level 3 - 70 damage each unit, and 15 damage every sec for 7 secs. 180mana

level 4 - 85 damage each unit, and 20 damage every sec for 9 secs. 180mana

Healing Bird
Creates healing bird at possition of caster.
level 1 - 20-30 damage, has 200 hp, gives to nearby units: +2hp sec, +1 armor and lasts 20 seconds. 120 mana

level 2 - 25-35 damage, has 250 hp, gives to nearby units:+3hp sec, +1,5 armor and lasts 20 seconds. 120 mana

level 3 - 30-40 damage, has 290 hp, gives to nearby units:+4hp sec, +2 armor and lasts 20 seconds. 120 mana

level 4 - 35-45 damage, has 340 hp, gives to nearby units:+5hp sec, +3 armor and lasts 20 seconds. 120 mana

Shock Blink
Blink to target point and push back enemys around hero at orginal point, + stun.
level 1 - 200 range knockback, 1 secs stun and 1000 range blink range. 140mana

level 2- 300 range knockback, 2 secs stun and 1100 range blink range. 140mana

level 3 - 350 range knockback, 3 secs stun and 1200 range blink range. 140mana

level 4 - 500 range knockback, 5 secs stun and 1300 range blink range. 140mana

Ultimate:

Shaman Strike

Sends out waves of the shamans power, Healing and Armor bonus / Damage and armor discrease.

level 1 - 5 waves , 4 jumps each wave, heals 50 hitpoints and gives +3 armor for 30 seconds each nearby friendly units / 50 damage and discrease armor by 3 for 30 seconds. 200 mana

level 2 - 5 waves , 6 jumps each wave, heals 60 hitpoints and gives +4 armor for 40 seconds each nearby friendly units / 60 damage and discrease armor by 4 for 40 seconds. 200 mana

level 3 - 5 waves , 8 jumps each wave, heals 70 hitpoints and gives +5 armor for 50 seconds each nearby friendly units / 70 damage and discrease armor by 5 for 50 seconds. 200 mana

Note the waves can maximum jump 3 times at one unit, deal/heal maximum 150/180/210 damage/hp and reduse/increase armor maximum by 9/12/15!

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Entraza, the God of Darkness

Model: Illidan (evil) :D

Primary Attribute: [Strength]

Dark Portal
PASSIVE
Entraza's dark power gives a % chance to send (banish) the enemy unit to dark dimention, stunnign it.
level 1 - 10% chance, to banish the enemy unit for 5 seconds + 5 seconds stun.

level 2 - 15% chance, to banish the enemy unit for 5 seconds + 5 seconds stun.

level 3 - 20% chance, to banish the enemy unit for 5 seconds + 5 secodns stun.

level 4 - 25% chance, to banish the enemy unit for 5 seconds + 5 seconds stun.

Dark Link

Drags the enemy unit to the Dark God, dealing damage and send it into the air, stunning for 3 seconds. 600 range.

level 1 - 90 damage. 70mana

level 2 - 120 damage. 90mana

level 3 - 150 damage. 110mana

level 4 - 180 damage. 130mana

Dark Force

Drags enemy units in 400 range of the God into him dealing damage and stun them, before send them 800 range back again.

level 1 - 50 damage and 3 seconds stun. 120mana

level 2 - 65 damage and 3 seconds stun. 110mana

level 3 - 80 damage and 3 seconds stun. 100mana

level 1 - 100 damage and 3 seconds stun. 90mana

ULTIMATE:

Atom Finger

The Darkness God use his powers to destoy the atoms in enemy unit's body. Dealing huge pure damage.

level 1 - 450 damage. 250mana

level 2 - 600 damage. 250mana

level 1 - 700 damage. 1250mana

180 seconds cooldown

E X T R E M E ---- C O L O R S

Note: Both of my reply are found in another thread just posted them here too :)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
--==Dakho==--
Love your reflective shockwave idea!! +rep BTW.

--==iPeez==--
WOW! O_O.
so many ideas...
so good....
+REP BTW.

--==131lackout==--
Great ideas. but the Shadow Aura, i cant do. because the abilities has 10 levels.
+rep BTW.

--==Vassilev==--
Nce combo! +rep!

Other ideas???

EDIT:

--==iPeez and Vassilev==--
sorry i cant give rep to you, must give rep to others before you.

Shaman Strike

Sends out waves of the shamans power, Healing and Armor bonus / Damage and armor discrease.

level 1 - 5 waves , 4 jumps each wave, heals 50 hitpoints and gives +3 armor for 30 seconds each nearby friendly units / 50 damage and discrease armor by 3 for 30 seconds. 200 mana

level 2 - 5 waves , 6 jumps each wave, heals 60 hitpoints and gives +4 armor for 40 seconds each nearby friendly units / 60 damage and discrease armor by 4 for 40 seconds. 200 mana

level 3 - 5 waves , 8 jumps each wave, heals 70 hitpoints and gives +5 armor for 50 seconds each nearby friendly units / 70 damage and discrease armor by 5 for 50 seconds. 200 mana

Note the waves can maximum jump 3 times at one unit, deal/heal maximum 150/180/210 damage/hp and reduse/increase armor maximum by 9/12/15!

how does it work???

Vassilev

Reaction score
This hero is meant to be a hero support melee (paladin)

1) Defensive Harmony (castable):

Adds armor and hit points regeneration to the hero and units around the hero but incur a -80% movement speed.

Armor, hp regen and AoE increases with level.

2) Spirit Link, normal
increase damage shared and number of units limit with level

3) Holy Water:
Sprinkles holy water on units in an AoE, healing them. Use the healing spray spell.

Ultimate: Wrath of God (Starfall with Resseruction as effects)

Support caster spell:

Regenerative Purification:
Restores mana and hp to multiple units/a single unit (in an AoE) and Removes ALL buffs from the unit(s). The Unit(s) then gain extra movement and attack speed for a short while.

P.s: if you decide to make it AoE, its better if u exclude the caster from getting the effects of the spell.

Offensive caster spell:

Entangling Vines (inspired by NWN2 : D)
Causes roots to sprout from the ground and entangle any units trapped in the AoE.

- Units caught in the AoE will have their movement speed/attack slowed
- Units caught in the AoE have a 33% chance of getting entangled ( keeper of the grove spell)

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
i already have a hero thats based on Paladin, [actually 2], and their both support heroes. thx for ideas anyway.

Others???

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes i have posted this idea before but damn it im so proud that i made it :p

Item:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Mask of Vengeance
[B]Icon:[/B] Helm of Battlethirst or Cloak of Flames
[B]Description:[/B] Made by the Mage Kot'Lur for the vengeance of the murder of his only son, created by magical crystal to infuse hate and vengeance into a mask with power to lay down even the strongest enemies.
[B]Tooltip:[/B] Returns each attack from opponents by 30 damage increases strength by 14 and intelligence by 16 and armor by 12
[B]Prize:[/B] 1650 (should be a recipe or something)
[B]Spell:[/B]Yes! (if you can make this one it would be awesome) The owner of the mask takes damage for an amout of time (he is able to attack while), and then releasing the damage against all nearby enemy units.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Yes i have posted this idea before but damn it im so proud that i made it :p

Item:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Mask of Vengeance
[B]Icon:[/B] Helm of Battlethirst or Cloak of Flames
[B]Description:[/B] Made by the Mage Kot'Lur for the vengeance of the murder of his only son, created by magical crystal to infuse hate and vengeance into a mask with power to lay down even the strongest enemies.
[B]Tooltip:[/B] Returns each attack from opponents by 30 damage increases strength by 14 and intelligence by 16 and armor by 12
[B]Prize:[/B] 1650 (should be a recipe or something)
[B]Spell:[/B]Yes! [B](if you can make this one it would be awesome) The owner of the mask takes damage for an amout of time (he is able to attack while), and then releasing the damage against all nearby enemy units.[/B]

WOW.. i think i can do that but ill try.. +rep BTW

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.