Item Manacost

Stringel

Reaction score
Quick question, how do I set a mana cost for an item? The item ability has a mana cost but it wont display on the item ingame.

If you dont get my question compare to dota where's items with abilities has mana costs which are properly displayed on the items. If you havn't played dota just image a mana symbol and a value.

Thanks on forehand

Seprest

Reaction score
Is there some funky code in the tooltip those items use?

(i refuse to play dota so idk what you mean, but I will not let that stop me from trying)

Stringel

Reaction score
nono nothing funky, just image when you hold your mouse over an item you can see the gold you get for selling it, imagin an icon next to it which displays the manacost of the item. I thought this was default for any item with a mana consuming ability but I guess that's wrong.

edit: this is basic stuff, seen it in other maps, just can't figure out how to do it

Seprest

Reaction score
I put a cost on the ability of a useable item, it shows up fine.

Make sure you're editing the right ability, in the ability tab there is often TWO abilities, one for heroes/units and one for items.

Even if it's a custom item and ability, make sure you are editing the Stats - Mana Cost, blah blah. Just check your stuff, the game can do it without any puzzah.

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
if your item have 2 abilites try ot move the ability with mana cost to the top

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
The item takes the abilities you give it, mana but only takes 1 so don't forgot to add mana to the item's abilities and make sure only 1 active ability can be used. :)

Stringel

Reaction score
problem is that I got 11 items, everyone with 1 single ability. The ability itself is an item ability and costs mana. However, still none of them displays a mana cost, but they do cost mana.

Any idea what might be the issue?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
try changing the abilitys to unit abilitys, i am not sure whether this works though

canons200

Reaction score
i also face that problem before, for your solution, see below

object editor>>item>>find your item, put your item ability that can consume mana on the top among all other item ability and save it. That is.

Stringel

Reaction score
as I've said there is only 1 ability per item so that's not the issue. All my items are based on the same item, could it be something fishy with that particular item?

canons200

Reaction score
double check your item ability has mana cost? and also under the item, there is a field stats - activately used, tick it

Seprest

Reaction score
Load up an empty map, give an item use ability a mana cost, drop the item that uses the ability, drop a unit for yourself to pick the item up.

You will see that the item has a mana cost to use it. It will take less than 2 mins, just try to do that, if it doesn't work then something you're doing is wrong.

The item you use doesn't matter. But if you're using an item that has other effects such as crown of kings ect, make sure you delete the +stats ect. I know you're only giving the item only one use ability, but make sure that the item only has one! double check!

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Dude, hes told you like 5 times theres only 1 ability, so what you should do is take a look at a blizzard item the requires mana to be used and just CnP what you are missing :)

canons200

Reaction score
hmm, post up screenshot? or maybe you base other item to replace your existing item. Some people also have your problem before, they just base other item to solve. For myself, i never face this problem

Seprest

Reaction score
Indeed, don't overcomplicate it, just start with a new item, delete it's current stats ect if it has any. And then add your ability. Check actively used on the item if it isn't already.

At least that works for me, if it still doesn't work/you've tried to create another item to add your ability to, then it's above me. Maybe take a screenshot of your item and your ability for us.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think we need to add something to the bottom of the front page that shows the Headline News forum that has a link to go to the News Forum Index so people can see there is more news. Do you guys see what I am saying, lets say you read all the articles on the front page and you get to the end and it just ends, no kind of link for MOAR!

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.