Item ping trigger ROC

blake007

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Been having a nightmare trying to figure a way to get this trigger to work properly :banghead:

I want to make a trigger that will ping all items in map area for the player who owns a certain hero class. This must work on ROC. The items will be dropped in waves at random area of map.

Event - Time - Every 120 seconds of game time
Condition - Player has unit of type (recon)
Action - Ping all items in map for player of matching condition.

It sounds simple, but i just cant do it. It would be very much appreciated if someone could help me out here. Thanks :)

I don't know much about ROC since it's been a very long time since I used it. The only thing I can advise is to get TFT before ROC gives you a major headache. I just had a quick look on the UK ebay and it was going for as little as 2 GBP. I can't imagine it being much dearer anywhere else.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your problem, as my knowledge on ROC isn't great at all.

Thanks, but I do own both games, I just want to make a map for chaos. It's almost done, just having a headache with this last trigger.

Can you please explain a little bit more, i dont really understand what you want to do :p

Hi, sorry.

If a player owns a certain hero, the mini map will ping him all the locations of items in the map, every 2 minutes.

I understand, this is how i would do it:

Trigger:
  • picks up or drops the item
    • Events
      • A unit Recieves an item
      • A unit drops an item
    • Conditions
      • Item type of item being manipulated is equal to (your item)
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Bool = false
      • For Each integer A from 1 to 6 do actions
        • Loop Actions
          • If then else
            • Item type of item in slot integer A for triggering unit is equal to (your item)
          • Then
            • Set Temp_Bool (boolean) = true
          • Else
      • If then else
        • If
          • Temp_Bool = true
        • Then
          • Unit Group - Add triggering unit to Holding_Recon
        • Else
          • Unit Group - remove triggering unit to Holding_Recon

Trigger:
  • Pingers
    • Events
      • Periodic Event - Every 120.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_I_Grp (item group variable) = Items in playable map area
      • Set Temp_Grp = Units in Holding_Recon (Group variable)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Grp and do actions
        • Loop Actions
          • If Then Else
            • If
              • Owner of picked unit is in Temp_P_Grp is equal to false (boolean condition)
            • Then
              • Player Group - Add (owner of picked unit) to Temp_P_Grp
            • Else
      • Custom Script: CallDestroyGroup ( udg_Temp_Grp )
      • Player Group - Pick every player in Temp_P_Grp and do actions
        • Loop Actions
          • Item Group - pick every item in Temp_I_Grp and do actions
            • Set Temp_Point = position of picked item
            • Player - Ping map at Temp_Point for picked player (this may be a game action)
            • Custom Script: CallRemoveLocation ( udg_Temp_Point)
      • Custom Script: CallDestroyPlayerGroup ( udg_Temp_P_Grp)
      • Custom Script: CallDestroyItemGroup ( udg_Temp_I_Grp)

Thanks for the help, I do really appreciated your efforts, but I’m sure those commands unfortunately don’t work for chaos maker.

why would they not work for reign of chaos?

the only reason why maps wouldnt work for ROC is if they had huge boundaries, or any models/spells/units/etc from TFT

ROC World Editor is also missing a HUGE chunk of trigger functions that are used in TFT Item Groups being one of them.

really? im sure theres a library with the functions you can copy and past into a custom text trigger, that would give you access to all the same stuff but you would need to use custom script to call the function

I highly doubt it. I doubt before Hashtables were added, we could of used of them via custom script. Same thing, I mean TFT was an expansion afterall.

I have seen a post somewher, that teaches how to increase the WE functionality. It was about GFreak says, increasing the Librayes with more functions.
So, if what i think is true, you have 2 options. Lear jass or try to increse the libaryes.
But i still do not understand why you want to use RoC :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is weird seeing a way more realistic users online number
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.