Item stacking for buildings.

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
I have searched the forums abit and i cant find anything about the topic.

anyways i want this trigger because im making a special GUI building system so plx no jass :], anyways back on topic. i want to start construction of a building but then the building waits till it gets construction materials like lumber and stone. At that moment the building unpauses and it start building and stops again when it reaches a multiplication of 50. now because i have only 6 slot and some building with max hp of 600. i have a problem so i want my items to stack. but i can only find stacking triggers for hero's not for buildings :]

any help here and like said earlier no jass plx i tried to learn it and i phailzed

ps.: i tried to set my buildings to heros so it would work but couldnt find it :] bit weird why u would want that setting anyways but mb its possible in a freaky way to do this in that manner.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
I guess your Wood and Stone is in your OE?

If so, you can go to them and then check Stats - Stock Maximum.

Increase the number then you can have more of them in your inventory, also when you see trough the stat list of an item you find more things about the stocking in your inven.

Think with this guideline you can figure out the rest by yourself? :D

Regards

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
eeumm OE? srry for the late responce... my ISP REALLY SUCKS... anyhow on topic...

i think that u think that im trying to make a shop of some sort. :]

let met get this more clear anyways though

i have a building it start construction and 0.01 second later i pause it and give it just 1HP. then when it gets a lumber (supplied by one of my workers) it unpauses so it can build again. when it reaches 50 it unpauses, rinse and repeat.

so i want to have like a max stack of 6 planks and 6 stones in my building cause when my servs bring 6 stones to the building first. it get stuck (cause i made it so u cant drop items from building (to avoid cheating).

but i have another idea. to give them a sort of dummy supplie item. like Stone delivered and Timber delivered. and everytime i get a timber/stone add 1 charge. and when its used remove 1 charge and destroy them when the building is finished. dont know if its possible though.

furthermore if its still a bit vague i can post my trigger test map. its still has a nasty bug though so I'd rather not :]

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
well to get some things clear (I'm in terrible pain and use alot of painkillers so could get some things wrong...)

You mean that everytime you deliver 6stone/6wood the HP of your building increases?

Q1. Or your problem is that you can't make the stone/wood stack in the inven of your workers?

Q2. Or your problem is that you don't know how to make that?

Q3. And your problem is that you need some advice on the dummy idea?

A1. As I mentiond above, just look up your stone/wood in your OE (Object Editor) and change the stats - stock max to * (where * is desired number)

A2. As I said, i'm not thinking very correctly at the moment so can't help you for now.

A3.
-You mean a dummy that is basically another inventory? So you can carry more items?
-You mean a seperated item?

Sorry if I'm asking a question you already gave...

Regards

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
owk my idea is that to build a house u need wood and stone. and every wood/stone adds 50HP to the building (which takes 10 seconds). And offcourse u build a wooden frame b4 u start stacking stones, but there is a problem with building of >= 600hp.

cause if the servs bring 6 stones first. the building stops cause it cant carry wood. so i want them to stack or some sort of dummy inventory but i have no idea how to go about with them cause i have some crazy large triggers and dont know how to make them work with if they have to work on 2 inventorys. so stacking seems best. and the stacking happens in the inventory of the building.

or mb i could try making an new item called Lumber delivered and explicitly say,

if unit auires item and item is wood then increase charge of Lumber delivered to lumber delivered + 1 or something like that. but i have no idea how to check items in a UNIT inventory it needs to be a hero. but i have no idea how to make a building a hero :]

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
you give a unit the inventory ability then check that it is a building. There is your inventory.

Then your items (as I said before) wood/stone are stackable. You say the building can carry only 6 items (eq. to 6 stone but it needs both to build on right?) so why don't stack wood to 2 x and stone 2x they you have 3x 2 wood and 3x 2 stone.

you don't need a bigger inventory to cary more items... because you want to increase the capacity of your inven ( By adding another inven ) but you have to INCREASE the stackability of the items and don't try to make another inventory, just makes it harder to trigger..

If you DO want another inventory try to take a unit, make it look like a crate or something and set the scale to e.g. 0.01. You won't see it when you play the game but the building should know that its there. He could pick the items from that box to use it for finishing his construction.

else I got no freakin clue :(

regards

p.s. I know i'm not in mutch help as I have never did something like that before....

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
ömfg and back to square one :] how can i make them stack in a buildings inventory i only know how to stack items in a hero's inventory with the system provided by someone on this forum.

-Brainiac-

Reaction score
ömfg and back to square one :] how can i make them stack in a buildings inventory i only know how to stack items in a hero's inventory with the system provided by someone on this forum.

HERE:
lolfs.png

Your servant had multiple Lumber in his inventory!

HERE:
lol2m.png

Your building has a freakin inventory...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.