I've Quit Smoking

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
But we still have the it's-cool-to-smoke thing going on.

I know what are you talking about. Some of my very close friends started to smoke at the age of 13-14 just because they had recently made new, older friends who smoked. They started to smoke, too, just because their new friends said it was "cool", a la everybody is doing it.

I tried to convince them smoking is bad, physically and mentally, as well. But I simply did not have enough power. Smoking beat me. They are still smoking, to this day.

Now, 3-4 years later, it's sometimes quite emotionally painful to watch my friends, who started smoking very early in their life. They seem very old, pallid. Not very athletic. Girls overweight, boys underweight. Tired. Wrinkled.

However, I don't judge over them. How could I? It's their life. I cannot put my ideas and beliefs into their heads. They do what they want. If only, I could direct them back to the "right" path. But that would leave me out of energy, would be too arduous: fighting with smoking is exhausting and life sap consuming.

Not saying, though, That fighting against smoking is pointless. It can be beaten.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't enter any more for a while, the net went down.

I started writing down more on paper later on when I finally thought to do it. I'll put the rest up when I can.

I was reading through the posts here, and I wanted to thank everyone :thup:

The support is encouraging.

1337Elite

Reaction score
:thup: What did I tell you? It gets easier from day three!

:thdown: Stay away from parties and alcohol for at least two weeks, they always ruin your clean runs. Tell all your friends who smoke to not give you ciggies, if you really want to party (that way you can party hard).

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
smoking.png
:D

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Uhh... yeah it is.
Depends, 12 is actually not a lot for a person who has been smoking for a bit, to someone new, 3-4 is a lot, its all opinionated. But "Why so serious..?"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.