Jailbreak - Ruins

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Jailbreak - Ruins is the first in a lineup of Jailbreak maps! Jailbreak was a custom gametype in the game Unreal Tournament, and the essence of it has been converted to Warcraft III. The current player count is 5v5.

The game is a unique mixture of standard Team Deathmatch and Last man Standing. Each team get's a jail. When you kill an enemy player, he is sent to that jail. To score you need to get all of your enemies into your jail. If an enemy makes it to your switch all the prisoners are released.

The game uses an ammo and reload system. You have no normal attack but you have a 'Shoot' ability. This ability uses up 1 mana, you have a total of 5 mana. When you run out of mana you have a 'Reload' ability which reloads your gun after 2 seconds. This requires you to think smart as it takes 4 hits to kill an enemy.

I am working on a base map to release that allows ANYONE to make their own Jailbreak map, in which they get to design terrain and all they have to do is move regions.

The game features a 4 column multiboard which moniters the players, showing how many kills they have, how many times they've been jailed, and how many times they have freed their teamates.

The map should be done, but I haven't had a chance to test it multiplayer and there is no bot support - yet. First to 5 wins.

You can download the map here:
http://www.jailbreaktft.tk

Please, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions just post them here or PM me. Thanks!

~Olive Garden

SoupNBread

Reaction score
So for now I removed the download link because I found a bug that makes you invunerable after a round. I'll post up a link when it's fixed

EDIT: The map is at v0.4 after a stable test!

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I can't host, my brother is going to school these days & doing homeowork, so I can only play by myself :(.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Oh, well that sucks :mad:
You can't really play this with only one player.
Well I'll atleast give an update for anyone interested. v0.5 is out can be downloaded off of the site.

The only thing that's bugging me is what ability to use as a base for Reload, so I kept avatar. It pauses you while reloading and now there is a timer in between rounds. Jails have been fixed up to where you actually have to run away. You get 3 seconds to run, and the time between rounds is 10 seconds. If it gets to be to long I'll change it up. Happy jailing!

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Oh, well that sucks :mad:
You can't really play this with only one player.
Well I'll atleast give an update for anyone interested. v0.5 is out can be downloaded off of the site.

Since I don't want to repeat myself over and over until my fingers get utterly stiff, you should know the true reason what's keeping me from hosting any game on Battle.net. The reason above was an actual reason, my little brother has to go to school so he doesn't have time to play around with his computer. So, sorry if I can't host.

Tonks

Reaction score
You may want to use a different name, as there is already a 'Jailbreak' custom game on Wc3. It's basically a ripoff of SheepTag. Maybe call it Unreal Tournament? Or "Jailball"? Something of the sort.

SoupNBread

Reaction score
Since I don't want to repeat myself over and over until my fingers get utterly stiff, you should know the true reason what's keeping me from hosting any game on Battle.net. The reason above was an actual reason, my little brother has to go to school so he doesn't have time to play around with his computer. So, sorry if I can't host.

I sorta understood that from your first post, and I was saying that it sucks.

@Tonks: Hmmm yeah I sort of noticed that while a friend was hosting, people were saying how no one hosted the map anymore.

There was a bug with 0.6 which is being worked out so 0.7 should be out today.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
HAhaha, sounds like this game I played in gym in elementary... In the gym game, you could only free 1 person at a time (then you bring them back), maybe you should make it like that so it's more balanced. Also don't put in an anti camp, since it takes 4 hits to kill.

Sounds fun, I'll play it later I got school in... 5 minutes lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.