Technology Japanese flying bike startup A.L.I. Technologies files for bankruptcy

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Japanese startup known for developing hover bikes inspired by "Star Wars" has filed for bankruptcy with ¥1.17 billion of debt, according to a report by credit research firm Tokyo Shoko Research.

Tokyo-based A.L.I. Technologies had aimed to play a key role in an expected “air mobility society” and raised its profile with its drones, artificial intelligence and flying bikes, but apparently struggled to secure the necessary cash to maintain its business.

Last week, bankruptcy proceedings against A.L.I. Technologies began at the Tokyo District Court, with the startup having filed for bankruptcy on Dec. 27, the Tokyo Shoko Research report said.

A.L.I. Technologies was founded by University of Tokyo students studying aerospace in 2016 and provided drones and drone solutions for infrastructure firms.

In October 2021, the firm began accepting orders globally for Xturismo, a flying bike model that had a limited stock of 200 units. It was priced at ¥77.7 million and was first delivered in December 2022.

The six-propeller bike is capable of hovering some 3 meters above ground and can fly at a speed of up to around 80 to 100 kilometers per hour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.