Jasshelper process while saving a map is iincredibly slow on my new computer

jk2pach

Reaction score
Myladies, Gentlemen,

I recently changed my computer for a poor-powered laptop to a war machine.

I was on Windows Vista, now I'm on Windows 7.

The thing is even if my new CPU is 10x more powerfull in everything than the laptop, I have a problem with Jasshelper from Jass New Gen Pack: when I save any map, even a blank one, JassHelper things run really slowly for a reason I do not understand.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot,

-During Jasshelper saving/compilation, all other programs used on the CPU seems to have a chance to freeze (they work but I can not select them until Jasslehper finished)
-I never get a frozen thing during jasshelper with old laptop. Now, for example, I can open a web browser, but during the jasshelper process, I can not go on any page.
-Jasshelper is the latest version
-Both computers have exactly the same settings about w3, JNPG and especially Jasshelper
-Bot computers use AVG as antivirus and Windows Firewall.
-I tried everything (run as admin, all users get entire control of the process, turn antivirus/firewall off, add all files needed by JNPG during the save operation in exception in Antivirus/Firewall etc...), compatibility...
-I get the same problem whatever the map is (huge map with a lot of triggers or a blank map without anything)
-old CPU 2GO ram with a bad integrated intel chipset 745, dual 1.83Ghz CPU
-new CPU I570 quad 2.8Ghz, 4Go ram and a Radeon HD6850
on blank map, old CPU needs less than 10 seconds to save, new CPU needs arround 20.
-The freeze time mostly happens just after actions loading blizzard.j (quite slow, compared to my old laptop). Then freeze. Then when it process textmacros it seems work better, even if it is still slow.

jk2pach

jk2pach

Reaction score
I found the answer my self by a random hazard. I turned off each process running on the computer to test with JNPG.

The problem came from the program Via HD Audiodeck, which is something for sounds on this computer.

Thanks anyway!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.