jet pack spell help

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
ok so im tryin got make an ability called jet pack which enables a unit to fly, not be targeted by unist who cant hit air, and it drains mana over time. when the mana is drained, the unit has to land. i figured id make the ability based off of immolation but from there i dont know what to do. can anyone help?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
it is based off of crow form for now, but i want it to constantly drain mana, is tehre a spell that drains aman every second that i could have a dummy cast on the unit when it uses jet pack and tehn just remove teh buff when it lands? kind of like unholy frenzy but instead of draining health it drains mana. and id rather not use siphon mana

DiDdY

Reaction score
it is based off of crow form for now, but i want it to constantly drain mana, is tehre a spell that drains aman every second that i could have a dummy cast on the unit when it uses jet pack and tehn just remove teh buff when it lands? kind of like unholy frenzy but instead of draining health it drains mana. and id rather not use siphon mana

Mana Regeneration Aura but with minus values? -1?

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
yeah but then it factors in stuff like the heroes mana regeneration rate, i just want a flat rate of mana drain

NapaHero

Back from the dead...
Reaction score
yeah but then it factors in stuff like the heroes mana regeneration rate, i just want a flat rate of mana drain

You could also use triggers:

Code:
ManaDrain
Events
 Time - Every 0.5 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
 Unit - Set mana of (YourUnitVar) to ((Mana of (YourUnitVar)) - 1.00)

And then check: If the unit has 0 mana, change height to 0.

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
yeah thanks i figured it out by doing that. the spell required 4 triggers but i got it working

Reaction score
Just in case you want an alternative route, base it off Immolation, like you did, then when the unit is issued an order example (abilities have orderid) Immolation on << (Also make sure the unit has the ability JetPack, it would be bad if a normal unit tried casting immolation and started flying o_O...), have a condition that checks for if it turns on immolation, then in actions, give the unit crow form, set height. Then another trigger for immolationoff orderID, just set unit height to 0 and take away crow form. (Of course, this is just an alternate route)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.