Lag When Hiring Hero From Tavern

SarChasm

Reaction score
In my map, hero's do not have abilities. Instead, every time they level up, they may choose to increase the attribute of the player's choice. Abilities are used through items instead.

So in order to do this attribute bonus per level thing, I made three separate skills, all based of the Attribute Bonus skill. The maximum level for any hero is 100, so each of these three skills has 100 levels. Every level will increase the chosen attribute by one point.

However, when a player picks a hero, everything starts to lag like crazy, and it may take a few minutes just for players to select heroes if it's full house. Is there another, more efficient way to do the whole attribute bonus per level thing, or am I just going to have to deal with the lag?

hunterrravyn

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
If there are triggers here... you should post them with an explanation...

It helps us to Help you!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
This lag is just normal. It worsens if your hero has abilitities with a lot of levels. The game needs to load the ability data and so lags your game. To remove the lag in-game, you need to preload the abilities (or the unit with the abilities).

Code:
Event
 Map init
Condition
Actions
 Unit - Create 1 YourHeroType for Neutral Passive at somewhere facing somewhere...
 Unit - Remove (Last created unit)

Do this for all your hero types. And it won't lag when picked in game. Note that doing this will increase the game loading time. It's either you prefer lag in loading time or lag in game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.