Leak Check v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Well here is the newest version of Leak Check.

I made alot of changes to it awhile ago and forgot what I have added and havent added, so please post any triggers that do leak and Leak Check does not detect it and I will try to fix it right away and upload an updated version.

There are some new features included in version 2. One of them is the duel textboxes, the left textbox shows your trigger and the right is where it displays the leaks your trigger contains.

Another feature is to be able to choose what you want Leak Check to look for, there are 4 checkboxes on the bottom right. Check all checkbox to check for all leaks. They should be checked by default.

There is also now a Save button, this saves the contents of both textboxes into a textfile.

*Note you do not have to download each update that is released, since they may be released weekly or even daily.
Code:
v2.02 changes
--------------
Suggested fix has been updated now showing what to change in the exact leaking action, this may still not show on all leaks but will in later versions as I continue to add it for each leak.
Added Report, this will post a reply to the Leak Check thread on TheHelper.net containing the trigger loaded into the program. This is only to be used to report leaks that leak check is not detecting in a trigger. Abuse of this feature may result in punishment.
Added Options menu, this will be used for new features to help customize and enhance the use of Leak Check.
Check on Startup added, this is in the options menu. If enabled it will check a file for leaks upon startup of the program.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
sweel work, i am sure a lot of ppl have been waiting for this, kinda makes my tut. obsolete, but nice work none the less

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
here's a bug that krofttt found...leakcheck does not report Convert Player To Player Group which leaks.

M

Mister

Well i just downloaded the program but i don't know any JASS at all
But me learn fast ^.^

My map seems to have multiple leaks including unit goups and regions
I scanned it and it was saying

Code:
(Line: 7 ) (Word: 20 )  Position Leak
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) over 1.00 seconds)  
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) 
(Suggested fix) Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)

But how should i fix it ?
Because if i read it only sets L (beats me what that is) is that its center of region fence zone

And then it removes the content of of it without excecuting it ?

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Mister said:
Well i just downloaded the program but i don't know any JASS at all
But me learn fast ^.^

My map seems to have multiple leaks including unit goups and regions
I scanned it and it was saying

Code:
(Line: 7 ) (Word: 20 )  Position Leak
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) over 1.00 seconds)  
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) 

But how should i fix it ?
Because if i read it only sets L (beats me what that is) is that its center of region fence zone

And then it removes the content of of it without excecuting it ?

Code:
Set L = (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) 
Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Camera - Pan camera for (Picked player) to L over 1.00 seconds)  
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
L is a variable of type point or location in jass.

M

Mister

That would be all custom scripts? because i dont see a way to add L as region in normal WTG

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
the only custom script there would be call RemoveLocation(udg_L).
make a variable of type point in the variable editor (press Ctrl+B to open it) and name it L. then use the action Set Variable to set L to (Center of Fence Zone <gen>).
finally pan the camera to "L" instead of (Center of Fence Zone <gen>) and you fixed the leak.

M

Mister

Holy Sh*t, Lately when i tested my map people lagged and started to disconnect -.-

If a memory leak causes that, No wonder 70% disconnected.
This program is good, very good. And i understand it now bit by bit.

Now im off to work tonight i will take a furter leak into my map ^^

Fixed leaks now around 30 those where partly the main triggers where my map is running on constandly -.-

that is 10% of the map :S

X

X-rjs23

Hm, nice job, no wonder why people lags often.

Code:
Total lines: 94

Location Leak Detection ON
Unit Group Leak Detection ON
Special Effect Leak Detection ON
Variable Removal Detection ON

(Line: 10 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of start1 <gen>) 

(Line: 11 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of start2 <gen>) 

(Line: 12 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of start3 <gen>) 

(Line: 13 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of start4 <gen>) 

(Line: 26 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Mid 4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Mid 4 <gen>) 

(Line: 27 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Mid 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Mid 3 <gen>) 

(Line: 28 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Mid 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Mid 2 <gen>) 

(Line: 29 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Mid 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Mid 1 <gen>) 

(Line: 37 ) (Word: 28 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Main1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main1 <gen>) 

(Line: 38 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Main2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main2 <gen>) 

(Line: 39 ) (Word: 28 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Main3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main3 <gen>) 

(Line: 40 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Main4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main4 <gen>) 

(Line: 42 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Main1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main1 <gen>) 

(Line: 43 ) (Word: 28 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Main2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main2 <gen>) 

(Line: 44 ) (Word: 27 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Main3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main3 <gen>) 

(Line: 45 ) (Word: 28 )  Position Leak
                Unit - Create MonsterCountXtwo[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of Main4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of Main4 <gen>) 

(Line: 58 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB2 <gen>) 

(Line: 59 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT2 <gen>) 

(Line: 60 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT1 <gen>) 

(Line: 61 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB1 <gen>) 

(Line: 62 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT4 <gen>) 

(Line: 63 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB4 <gen>) 

(Line: 64 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT3 <gen>) 

(Line: 65 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB3 <gen>) 

(Line: 67 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at ^Leak
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB2 <gen>) 

(Line: 68 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT2 <gen>) 

(Line: 69 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB1 <gen>) 

(Line: 70 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT1 <gen>) 

(Line: 71 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB4 <gen>) 

(Line: 72 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT4 <gen>) 

(Line: 73 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT3 <gen>) 

(Line: 74 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB3 <gen>) 

(Line: 81 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT1 <gen>) 

(Line: 82 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB1 <gen>) 

(Line: 83 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LT3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LT3 <gen>) 

(Line: 84 ) (Word: 36 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of LB3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of LB3 <gen>) 

(Line: 86 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB2 <gen>) 

(Line: 87 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT2 <gen>) 

(Line: 88 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RB4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RB4 <gen>) 

(Line: 89 ) (Word: 35 )  Position Leak
                        Unit - Create 1 Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of RT4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 
(Suggested fix) Set L = (Center of RT4 <gen>) 

Completed
Total amount of leaks: 40
Leak Rating: Horrible

Nice finding, Leak Check v2.0.

Edited: I have a question, Should i create tons, tons, tons of variable up or shold i use only 1 variable and let them overwrite it?

First option, it'll increase the map size which i hate to see that.
Second option, if i use only 1 variable and let them overwrite like constantly or almost rapidly overwriting , will it increase the lag online?

I dont know what option is best.. so this is the problem i need help with

2nd Edited: im thinking option 2 is best for me, because option 1 will takes up memory space and plus map size incresment..

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
option 1 is really not recommended.
use one or two (sometimes you have two leaks in one action) of each leaky type and it will work. but dont forget that you must remove/destroy the variable before you overwrite it.

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
I didn't even know this tool existed, but I suppose it was expected. I've been waiting eagerly for such a tool, anyway. With an RPG in progress, chock full of cinematics and arrays and such, this will prove useful.

X

X-rjs23

use one or two (sometimes you have two leaks in one action) of each leaky type and it will work. but dont forget that you must remove/destroy the variable before you overwrite it.

Im using one.. two is a waste. and i have 4 or 10 leaks in one action. Its not two tho

I have to remove/destroy the variable before i overwrite it? thats bull.. another boring works for me...

What about this.. can this works without a problem?
Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
        XMath Less than player
        Xunti Equal to 1
    Then - Actions
        Set UnitLeaker = (Center of start1 <gen>)
        Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at UnitLeaker facing Default building facing degrees
        Set UnitLeaker = (Center of start2 <gen>)
        Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at UnitLeaker facing Default building facing degrees
        Set UnitLeaker = (Center of start3 <gen>)
        Set UnitLeaker = (Center of start4 <gen>)
        Set XMath = (XMath + 1)
    Else - Actions

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I can see this still does not suggest fix correctly yet:

Current:
Code:
                Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees 

The way it should be:

Current:
Code:
(Suggested fix) Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (L) facing Default building facing degrees 

You see, I once had problems with a guy that instead of fixing leaks was adding lines that weren't useful. He thought he was fixing the leaks - "No they don't leak, I used leak checker on it"

He was doing this:
Code:
set L=(position of unit)
Region - Move region to (position of unit)
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_L)

X

X-rjs23

I know, Vexorian but these code were before i fixed them. Right now is exactly the way it should like u said. Edited: nvm, i just realized that u arent talking to me. Vexorian I didnt know u visit here. Anyway i love ur opmizer software.. its the best

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Thanks Vexorian for pointing that out, the new suggested fix will look like the following in the next version.
Code:
(Line:1)      Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of start1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
Code:
(Line: 1 ) (Word: 11 )  Position Leak
(Suggested fix) Unit - Create MonsterCount[level] Monstertype[level] for Player 12 (Brown) at L facing Default building facing degrees  

U

Unregistered

Leak Check - Report

Report Message
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Bureaublad\Leak Check v2\Leak Check v2\triggers.txt
------------------
(Line:1)      Extra Creeps
(Line:2)          Events
(Line:3)              Time - Every 15.00 seconds of game time
(Line:4)          Conditions
(Line:5)          Actions
(Line:6)              Set X = (Random integer number between 1 and 5)
(Line:7)              Set Extra_Creeps_Level = (Extra_Creeps_Level + 1)
(Line:8)              Set Y[6] = (Extra_Creeps_Level / 3)
(Line:9)              If (Y[6] Less than 1) then do (Set Y[6] = 1) else do (Do nothing)
(Line:10)            If (Y[6] Greater than or equal to 40) then do (Set Y[6] = 40) else do (Do nothing)
(Line:11)            Set L = (Center of Creeps Team 2 <gen>)
(Line:12)            Unit - Create X Extra_Creeps_Units[Y[6]] for Player 10 (Light Blue) at L facing Default building facing degrees
(Line:13)            Set L = (Center of Creeps Team 1 <gen>)
(Line:14)            Unit - Create X Extra_Creeps_Units[Y[6]] for Player 9 (Gray) at L facing Default building facing degrees
(Line:15)            Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_L)
------------------

------------------
Total lines: 15

Location Leak Detection ON
Unit Group Leak Detection ON
Special Effect Leak Detection ON
Variable Removal Detection ON

Location variable has not been removed: 

Completed
Total amount of leaks: 0
Leak Rating: Excellent
------------------

What Location variables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.