Life in the World (development)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
LitW​

Moron Inc Maps
by ban-lord​
Dats' right! I'm workin on another map, this one is solo though, the other map im gonna be working on more than this but this will be finished soon! ^^

Basically this is like Life of a Peasant but the map is alot more evolved. There are going to be over 3 towns you can travel to, alot of jobs (about 3 mayors and crap for each town)

Objective
To be a popular game, also the ingame objective is that you must be rich and afford land, you can purchase land and order stuff inside of it, you can get construction workers (players) to build you stuff and crap.

World
The world is going to be huge, instead of one town, there will be over 3, and to travel fast there will be a freeway where you go on and it will go through each town.

Highways
Highways are intended for fast travel, once you get on it you will move over 200% faster. Going at this rate will allow you to travel through these three cities at an amazing rate. There will also be an AI, where vehicles will be in the freeway moving too. Entrances are ramps, which can be accessed all the time.

Jobs
There will be a variety of jobs, but to make less lag in the game, I won't be using the crappy "REGION" system, it will work if you get in range of the circle.

My goal at least are over 25 unique jobs! If you have any suggestions please say so!

There are over 2 jobs at the moment.

Mayor - Gains money over time (15g over 3 seconds)
Video Gamer - Must attack video games to get money (10g each attack)

PLEASE SAY SUGGESTIONS!!!

--->>>MORE MAPS>>>---

Raganosh ORPG

lllidan

Reaction score
I suggest instead of a highway you use this train system I found. It uses the caravan model (humans campaign) and it's really neat. That way people can board the train to go from town to town. Would you like it?

Oh and you have to buy a ticket to ride the train.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
thanks

this game is going to be bigger than LOAP Tho and im still ognna be working on my rpg too. .. so this is really somethign lol

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
You sure you wanna do this one solo? i've got lots of ideas and im experienced :p i even have a little demo of my car driving system
sounds like a huge project when you add in units/little odds and ends, terraining 3 big cities, not to mention the country side, the beach (must have!) the triggers xD lol
nvm i deleted that map lol x.x

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
You doing a modern-day type map? What you should do, which would be more original and probably more fun and interesting, is have it take place in a world with all the warcraft races and such, but further into the future, somewhere around the industrial age. You could have different towns have different varieties of people and such.

Another thing I'd like to reccomend is to have there be actual people, who live in each of the houses, and have jobs and names and such. It would make it much more interesting than to just walk streets filled with generic people who wander aimlessly.

I could always help with ideas and support, though I'm sad to say I'm much less than reliable for actual map-work.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
this is the current map look at the moment, it may be extended for extra features but this is the size at the moment :D

map22ii.png

lllidan

Reaction score
you gotta make it 256x256. Doesn't WEU (never used it so i dont know) let you go beyond 256x256? If so do it. Having a train will get rid of the annoyingness of walking to and from every major point on the map.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Requesting...

A car like the cars in LOAP Arena... this car is cool.. plz.. i cant find this car AT ALL

and i might make it 128x??? osmetihng...

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
thanks... im working on the gas station right now ill send a pic and ill see whaty you think..

edit: i dont think i can do gas without help... this is wierd i cant find the right commands lol

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I'm actually making a system right now that let's you "drive" units with the arrow keys. It is completely MUI, and you just need to define the unit in a global, and use the arrow keys. It will calculate sliding speed based on Movement Speed, and handling based on Turn Speed. It accelerates to top speed over a certain time, and deccelerates when you stop accelerating (obviously :) ). It also detects if the unit is a flying unit, and increases height as it accelerates, until it reaches Height Max, then decreases in height to zero as it deccelerates. And of course, it has a brake system.

I'll let you be the first to test and use it :D.

This can also enable you to buy a plane in the game :eek:.
That would kick LoaP's ass.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Try adding a loc at the gas spots then
When a unit enters, and equals the car, start a periodic trigger that deducts like 2 gold for owning player, and adds 1 mana to unit
Then when unit leaves, shut it off

:D

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
hehe that will be easy... i just have a problem for the unit to make the car turn off when its outta gas... the event mana doesnt work well.. i tried the unit array crap i cant find anything... =(

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Mana=0 then disable unit control, or set speed to zero (Setting speed to zero won't work if you want to use my system)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.