Reaction score
I was thinking of using this as loading screen in my campaign:

arnoldkf9.png

What do you think? It's a simple creation with Photoshop 7.0
Please give feedback.^^

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
A simple reading check could have shown the numerous errors in grammar/spelling.

He's = His
Borther's = brother's

Graphic-wise, it's alright. I've seen worse things on Bnet.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ah, sorry. Forgot to run it through a grammar program. Thanks for pointing it out.

But is it good enough for a campaign map?^^ Any suggestions what to improve? (Besides grammar.)

Reaction score
Campaign screens can be a lot more high quality than the screens of bnet maps. An in game screenshot just isn't a quality picture ;).

And if you had read the text once after writing it, you would've noticed that you wrote "borther's".

Rhymer

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Pretty nice, except for the black behind the scroll. I would put it "on top" of the other picture, if you know what i mean.

Cheers;
//Rhymer

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Campaign screens can be a lot more high quality than the screens of bnet maps. An in game screenshot just isn't a quality picture ;).

And if you had read the text once after writing it, you would've noticed that you wrote "borther's".
Hm yes you're right... Will see if I somehow can fix a picture of to warriors in the same stances. Tips are welcome^^

Yes I guess I was a bit in a hurry when writing that..^^ Will make sure that won't happen in game.

Pretty nice, except for the black behind the scroll. I would put it "on top" of the other picture, if you know what i mean.

Cheers;
//Rhymer
No sorry, I don't really understand what you mean...Could you specify it a bit more?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Change the font. This one is terrible, namely "C" and "D" - I'm actually not quite sure whether his brother's name is Radko or Radico.

> Tips are welcome
Don't use an ingame screenshot at all.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Will see if I can find a more readable but still old looking font then.. I'm also searching for a good picture to base it of but I haven't found anything so far..

Templarion

Reaction score
As someone said, "I've seen worse in the Battle.Net".

I really needed to watch the picture for a couple of seconds to realize what is happening there. I already started to write when I looked the picture again and saw it way differently.

It is too blurry and messy.

In addition to that, who are those guys and why are they fighting? In the text it is said that Arnold is just about to start his journey and who is who and why are the swords blue?!

With that setup I would make a loading screen about the world map, the journey map or Arnold watching from the top of the hill to the sun rising.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Ah thanks, great suggestion! Will see if I can find any proper sunrise and something that could look somewhat like him facing the other way. (Since I shouldn't use ingame screenshot, and I agree on that it does look... awful.)

Hm thread moved to warcraft talk? Will remember to post there with this kind of question next time.

Edit: Ok made a new one. It's simple yes but I only know the basics of Photoshop. A screenshot from wow, sunset from somewhere on google and the paper from google. (Same as before.) I also changed the font so it's a bit more readable.

loadingscreendh8.png

Please say what you think.

ZeratuelX

Reaction score
Much better, but it still can use some improvements. I assume the image was taken from World Of Warcraft? I recommend you improve the visual setting in WoW before you take the picture; you can visibly see the pixels on the bg. Also try to get the picture in a 5:4 aspect ratio, as the majority of screens can use that. The background still seems a bit squished. The new font looks good, but it also looks flat and new compared to the 3d and old scroll. Add some filters to give it an aged look and make it darker around the ages to match the scroll. I noticed in the top the words were over the shadow.

Sorry for being a little critic-like, but when I or other people release maps/campaigns, I like to see as close as you can get to perfection. BTW, this is an excellent idea having the intro to the campaign in the loading screen, many campaigns miss that and try to explain it in-game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.